Update from 1.2.17 -> 1.3.0 (incl. Server Change) Operation Create User for imscp_user failed

• Hello together,

today I try to move to a new server with a new upgrade of imscp from 1.2.17 -> 1.3.0

And I do the same prodecure as Viktor
    Upgrade 1.1.2 to 1.3

and get the same failure message:

Code
    1. [ERROR] iMSCP::Stepper::_callback: Could not create the imscp_user@localhost SQL user: Error while executing statement: Operation CREATE USER failed for 'imscp_user'@'localhost' at /usr/src/imscp/engine/PerlLib/Servers/sqld/mysql.pm line 181, <$fh> line 370.
    2. autoinstaller::Functions::install: An error occurred while performing installation steps

what is the correct step to fix it?

BR

• Hallo,

you can test this.

Save the file "/etc/mysql/debian.cnf" from the new server.

Copy this file from the old server to the new server.

Run perl imscp-autoinstall -dr

Test it is now working.

Viktor

- Distribution: Debian | Release: 8.10 | Codename: jessie

- i-MSCP Version: i-MSCP 1.5.3 | Build: 20180516 | Codename: Ennio Morricone

- Plugins installed: ClamAV (v. 1.3.0), Mailgraph (v 1.1.1), OpenDKIM (v 2.0.0), PanelRedirect (v 1.2.0) & SpamAssassin (v 2.0.1)

- LetsEncrypt (v 3.6.0), PhpSwitcher (v 5.0.5), RoundcubePlugins (v 2.0.2)

• Hi Viktor,

thx for your quick answer.

But I also change from debian to ubuntu so I don't have on the new server a debain.conf.

old server:
    debian 8.5
    mysql 5.5.49

new server:
    ubuntu 14.04.4
    mysql 5.7.14

To fix the problem I set manually the grant access rights to the root user back.

Code
    1. mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost';mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

But now a get the next issue

Code
    1. [ERROR] iMSCP::Stepper::_callback: Could not create the imscp_user@localhost SQL user: Error while executing statement: Unknown column 'password_last_changed' in 'mysql.user' at /usr/src/imscp/engine/PerlLib/Servers/sqld/mysql.pm line 181, <$fh> line 370.
    2. autoinstaller::Functions::install: An error occurred while performing installation steps
  • @demon

Don't forget that Ubuntu is based on Debian. The debian.cnf file is also provided by Ubuntu packages... There is only one case where that file is not relevant (not provided): That is when you use mysql community server (from MySQL repository) which is your case because you use Ubuntu Trusty (14.04) that doesn't provides MySQL 5.7.

For instance, on Ubuntu Xenial:

To resume

With Ubuntu Trusty (14.04), MySQL 5.7 is installed from MySQL repository: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…/packages-trusty.xml#L114

With Ubuntu Xenial (16.04), MySQL 5.7 is installed from Ubuntu official repository: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…u/packages-xenial.xml#L93

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206