Automated Upgrade I-MSCP

• I think It will be very useful to have an automated upgrade procedure for I-MSCP, as the manual one most likely will encounter errors along the way.
    So I propose that in future releases the user should have the option to upgrade the I-MSCP in the same way as installing it.

• @scieri

What you mean by automatic?

From my point of view, the upgrade is already automatic. You run the installer the same way as you run it for new installation. Of course, sometime some manual interventions are needed, according the errata file. The installer cannot manage all. Now if you mean that the panel should automatically download new versions and run upgrade process, be aware that I'm against that idea. A uppgrade to a new version is an important decision which must not be took automatically. What if I releases a new version while you are in vacation and then, something goes wrong during upgrade process? ...

BTW: The errors occur only if something is wrong with your configuration, if a plugin is not compatbile with the new version, or if there is a bug in the installer.

Final note: Laziness is something bad ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206