Backup owner

• Hi *,

is there a specific reason that the backups in /var/www/virtual/<domainname>/backups are owned by root:root and not the e.g. vu2000:www-data?

Right now the user can't delete the backups if he wants to (e.g. because his quota is reached)

Cheers
    Finn

• That's wanted and it's ok. So the User or a Hacker can't delete Backups ;)

Arguable point, but I can see what you mean. A setting for an account, if the backup should be accounted to the quota, could indeed be a good compromise.

I'll think about it and open a ticket or otherwise write a little script which changes the owner after the backups are done.

Thanks for the info!

• Das backups-Verzeichnis wie auch logs) wird beim Berechnen der quota nicht mitgezählt.

Ist zumindest bei mir so:

$main::imscpConfig{CMD_DU} --exclude='backups/*' --exclude='logs/*.log' -s -B1 $main::imscpConfig{USER_HOME_DIR}/$domain_name

sorry - forgot it's not the german forum...:
    the backup folder is not counted in the quota...

Edited once, last by joximu ().

• Das backups-Verzeichnis wie auch logs) wird beim Berechnen der quota nicht mitgezählt.

Ist zumindest bei mir so:

This is indeed true. This was my fault, I forgot to take the database and especially the mail-folder into account.

But it would be a great enhancement to show the customer where the space of his quota going. I guess I will open a request for that, or do it myself and provide the patch. All a matter of time ;)