Seperated Web and Mail Server - Cant send mails

• Hi,

i host a website (A-Entry) only domain on my i-MSCP 1.1.11 server. The MX entry points to a different server.

The website works great but i cant send mails to this domain (from my domain hosted on the server too). Because it wants to deliver the mails locally. I already deleted all mails from this account and disabled the email feature.

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: 5.1.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table. Please check the message recipient [email protected] and try again.

How can i disable the local delivery?

• Hello

How did you set the mx entry exactly?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• It looks like this:

gomez@zombixm:~$ host -a test.de
    Trying "test.de"
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 32070
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 5, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;test.de. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    test.de. 299 IN NS docks19.rzone.de.
    test.de. 299 IN A 144.xxx.xxx.174.90
    test.de. 299 IN NS shades16.rzone.de.
    test.de. 3599 IN SOA shades16.rzone.de. hostmaster.strato-rz.de. 2014090300 86400 7200 604800 7200
    test.de. 299 IN MX 5 smtp.rzone.de.

• Re

This was not my question.... Nevermind...

If you want use an external mail server for a specific domain which is hosted on your i-MSCP server, you must declare it through the external mail interface. If you don't do that, the mail server (hosted on your i-MSCP server) will consider that the mails, for this domain, are managed locally, and because the mail account to which you're trying to send mails doesn't exist in the i-MSCP database, the server will simply reject them. If you enable the mail feature and if you set the external mail server correctly using the external mail interface, you'll not have such problem. Eg, the mail server hosted on i-MSCP server will simply relay the mails to your external mail server instead of searching for a local mail account.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thanks for the explanation. I put the smtp of the other server into external mail server and now it works. Just havent noticed this field.

Great work Nuxwin for all the work (in all regions)!