Dovecot Mailserver Problem

• I really wanted to, but i couldn't copy past it out of the menu ;-)

anyway, its gone now. I just ran "perl imscp-autoinstall -d" again without complains.

• For the future, have a look in /var/log/imscp/imscp-setup.log when an error occurs. :)

I can make screenshots of my console. :) It is better than nothing.

• Ok Dovecot seems to run now, i can login with via webinterface and also via Thunderbird. But SMTP is still not working, i can't send mails.

• For the future, have a look in /var/log/imscp/imscp-setup.log when an error occurs. :)

I can make screenshots of my console. :) It is better than nothing.

ok, thanks i didn't know that.
    Well i was about to make a screenshot but the error didn't come up again. ;-)

• There you go:

Senden der Nachricht fehlgeschlagen.
    Fehler beim Senden der Nachricht: Eine sichere Verbindung mit dem SMTP-Server kann nicht mit STARTTLS aufgebaut werden, da der Server diese Funktion nicht angibt. Schalten Sie STARTTLS für diesen Server ab oder kontaktieren Sie Ihren Anbieter des E-Mail-Diensts.

Well i already tried to set no tls/sll but it doesn't seem to matter much.

I just realised, the autoinstall installed courier again...

• Can you send mails from webmail?
    What are settings (port, etc.) in thunderbird?

Courier->Dovecot is not my special topic, but should be possible without problems. Maybe the the previous error in the installer make some stupid decisions? I dont know.

Just run perl <imscp-1.2.9>/imscp-autoinstall -dr mta and choose dovecot. If an error occurs, think on my words. :)

• Gosh I'm an idiot, i just set the IMAP to no TLS instead of the SMTP.

I works now without TLS, via webinterface and also via Thunderbird.
    Now i just have to set up TLS again. Is there a short and easy solution for selfsigned certificats?