PHPSwitcher - Future Releases beta/alpha

• Hi there,

before buying the PHPSwitcher Plugin I have several questions:

In our company we want to have a test server with some PHP Versions installed (5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 AND latest Alpha/Beta for testing).
    Is it possible to integrate the beta/alpha versions? Is it possible to have different PHP Versions for subdomains, eg. sub1.example.com with PHP 5.4 and sub2.example.com with PHP 5.6?
    Can I test the plugin?

And last but not least, is it a one time payment?

Thanks and
    best regards
    Simon

• Hello ;

Supported PHP versions

The compiler which is provided by the PhpSwitcher plugin allows to compile the following PHP versions:

php4.4, php5.2, php5.3, php5.4, php5.5, php5.6

BTW: PHP5.7 version is not planned at all. Next version will be 7.0.0 which is currently in beta state.

Support for Alpha and Beta PHP versions

We do not plan to add support for alpha and beta versions. The PHP versions that are provided by the compiler are patched alla Debian way and this would give us too much work.

Per domain, subdomain... PHP versions

It is of course possible to setup PHP versions per domain and subdomain. For this, you must simply use the per_site PHP ini level which you can reconfigure by running the following command:

Perl
    1. # perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-setup -dar php

Plugin payment

This is a one time payment which include update.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• No !

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Okay, I´ll buy it then and have a look ;)

What I just saw: The phpswitcher installs the php versions to /opt/phpswitcher/php-x.x, right?
    After that I have to create the "link" in the webfrontend for switching.

So, how about, if I compile a Version by myself (e.g. 5.6.11) and store it in /opt/phpswitcher/php-5.6.11 and add the link in the menu by myself, would this be possible and working?

Mhm, okay...PHPSwitcher is installed and working, at least the static phpinfo shows the right version, but when creating a phpinfo.php for a client it shows only a white page...

• Yes it's possible to compile your own version. You need to use fcgi implementation.

• Hi Ninos,

thanks for your reply.

But what about the white phpinfo.php file? The PHPinfo at phpswitcher shows the right version, but my own phpinfo is just a blank page?

Content of phpinfo.php

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Should be sufficient...

• Are other PHP-functions working? E.g. echo? May your phpinfo() function is still disabled in panel.

• Got this little piece of code:

<html>

<head>
    <title>PHP Test</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <?php echo '<p>Hello World</p>'; ?>
    </body>

</html>

shows correct output, seems to be working.

You need to use fcgi implementation.

Is it sufficient to build it with --enable-fcgi then? Sorry for that dumb questions...

What do you mean by "May your phpinfo() function is still disabled in panel." ? I already tried to disable the static phpinfo in the config file of the phpswitcher.

-push