Migrating to a new Server from ispCP 1.0.7

• Hi,

I have a server running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with ispCP 1.0.7. For the same price I can get a newer Server and I need to change to Ubuntu 14.04.

That sounds for a great administrative effort for me. But when I change to 14.04 I also want to change the server by the way.

There are several guides how to migrate to i-MSCP. Thats sounds good. But it's a magic running by autoinstall script. Is it right that this script assumes that ispCP is running on this machine?

There are other guides how to migrate from i-MSCP on server 1 to i-MSCP on server 2. Is there a guide how to migrate from ispCP 1.0.7 on server 1 to i-MSCP on server 2?

Or do I have to migrate to i-MSCP on the same server and then migrate to the new server? If this is the case: the old server will stay with Ubuntu 12.04 and the new server should run Ubuntu 14.04. Is this possible?

Whats the best way?

Thanks for your help and best regards
    Thomas

• First I would use debian^^
    Second, you can do both.

• Upgrating server 1 to imscp and then migrate to server 2
    • Copy database, /etc/ispcp/, webspace, mail,.. to new server and then do a migration to imscp
  • I would like to suggest you to use debian instead. Using it as a server OS means it does'nt really have a different user experience.

At this point in time, Debian has more recent packages than Ubuntu LTS has and there are some Issues regarding security when using packages that aren't really maintained (like ProFTPd hasn't been updated recently, thus still being exploitable if not mitigated by deactivating mod_copy).

• thx, for your help.

I got the following errors executing imscp-migrate-from-ispcp:

Any suggestions?