Filesystem eaten up spaces

• Hi,

I think I am having problem with my disk filesystem.

If you take a look below. For my tmpfs eaten up around 1.47 GB same size for both partition. Is this by default?. I Only have imscp 1.2.2 running on Debian 8 64 bit.
    How do I save up this spaces?. Is it even possible?. It shows 0 not used but size has truly increased. When I First installed imscp on server it was around 2.2gb+ total. Now it is 4.3gb!

Thanks.

• @theemstra

Edited your post. No HTML there please...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @theemstra

But this is what i have in etc/fstab

Code
    1. /dev/xvda1 / ext3 defaults,errors=remount-ro 1 1
    2. /dev/xvda2 swap swap defaults 0 0
    3. proc /proc proc defaults 0 0

I am not seeing dev/shm in there..

• Hi,

Please note that this is not a problem, this is how linux works, this is memory that helps to speed up processes, if you wouldn't use this shared memory the server might have to wait until a memory block large enough to fit a service or request, which could take some time.

Don't worry about it using some space. If you do really, really need the space you can alter the /etc/fstab file and set it manually:

Code
    1. none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults,size=8G 0 0

This comes straight from the link I sent before.
    The 8G is the amount of diskspace that will be reserved for this purpose.
    After changing the file, restart or remount the filesystem with

Code
    1. mount -o remount /dev/shm
  • If it boost up my system then I would like to have it more in size.

But also I want to add it in manually. But if I do remount this partition will it break my i-mscp and services?.

• Hi Goodone,

If you remount it should not break anything if there are no services using it (check with free -m and htop), but to be sure, if you have a planned restart sometime, just alter the fstab file and when the server restarts the new size will be applied.

- Thom