CronJobs wget error - Fatal: no entropy gathering module detected

• Hello!

I have a problem with the CronJobs plugin. Maybe this problem have something to do with my lack of experience with cron jobs.

I've created a cron job (see screenshot).

When the job will be executed, i get this e-mail:

Subject of the e-mail:

Code
    1. Cron <vu2003@srv01> /usr/bin/wget -t 1 --connect-timeout=5 --dns-timeout=5 --read-timeout=3600 -O /dev/null --no-check-certificate 'https://www.mydomain.de/clients/admin/cron.php'

Text of the e-mail:

Code
    1. --2015-01-10 23:00:01-- https://www.mydomain.de/clients/admin/cron.phpFatal: no entropy gathering module detectedAborted

1. When I run the command from the subject of the e-mail in the ssh console, everything works. No error. Why it isn't working when the command will be executed over the cron job?

2. Why is in the e-mail standing 23:00 when the cron job will be executed at 24:00? The date and time that will be shown when executing

Code
    1. date

is correct. When I run this small php script

Code
    1. <?
    2. echo date('d.m.Y, H:i:s');
    3. ?>

the date and time is correct, too. I don't unterstand from where are coming the 23:00.

Some informations about my system:

Debian Wheezy 7.7 (amd64)
    Git 1.1.x (updated about a week ago)
    Dovecot and Apache FCGID
    CronJobs Version 1.0.1

Thanks in advance and thank you for this great project!
    Andy

• Hello ;

What are the cron job permissions for that user exactly ( and for its reseller ) ? It seem that wget cannot access to /dev/urandom. I must know if it's from a jail or not.

Edit

About the date issue:

It's maybe because the cron job is run inside the jailed cron environment which doesn't have timezone data access. Thus our (UTC+0100) is not take in account ;) I'll check that. It's not a big issue and can be fixed easily.

Could you add my SSH key on your server?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello!

Thanks for your answer!

The reseller have as cron jobs type "Full" and the customer have "Jailed". But "Url" cron jobs are always available, right?

I hope thats the answer for your question and I don't misunderstood something.

• Re;

Ok so:

Of course, URL cron jobs are always available but when the customer has jailed cron job permissions, URL cron jobs ( which are run through GNU Wget ) are run inside the jailed cron environment: https://github.com/i-MSCP/plug…er/incubator/CronJobs#url

To resume here we have two issues to solve:

• Wget when run inside the jail must have access to entropy module ( i.e /dev/urandom or maybe also /dev/random inside the jail ). Normally, the device /dev/urandom is already there but..
    • Make sure that timezone data are available inside the jail

Could you please add my SSH key to your server and give me the IP? Then, I can fix.

• I'll take a coffee first ;) I'm almost just out of my bed ;)

• @MR_LOLKOPF

Fixed on your server. You can post the solution given in our private conversation. I'll mark that thread as solved once the fixes will be committed ;)

• Problem solved by @Nuxwin :) Thank you :)

You need to add some things into the config.php file of the CronJobs plugin.

In the bashshell application section, you need to add the following path in the paths parameter: /etc/localtime.
    In the cron application section, you need to add the following device in thedevices parameter: /dev/random.

Once done, save the file and click on the "Update Plugins" button in the Plugin management. Then should everything work perfectly! :)