Upgrade from 1.0.3 to current fails at 1.1.12

IMSCP: 1.1.11

Hey everyone. I have been with imscp 1.0.3 on that machine for a long time until i decided to do an upgrade yesterday.
    Since I didn't really know what the upgrade routine of the more current imscp versions includes, i did a stepwise upgrade until 1.1.11,
    which all went fine.

When I tried upgrading from 1.1.11 to 1.1.12, i was suddendly queried for adding ip adresses and asked for new passwords.
    Is this something additional that needs adding? Did a new service password appear in 1.1.12?

Thanks in advance,
    dym

• Hello ;

First, you must know that you can upgrade from the 1.0.3 to the 1.1.18 directly. The update is incremental. More generally, only upgrade to a new major version can require some specific tasks and when it's occurs, this is clearly stated in an errata file attached to the release announcement.

To resume here, finish your upgrade to the 1.1.12 (since you already started it) and then, upgrade to the 1.1.18 directly.

About the IP question

This is because in the version 1.1.12, support for private IP has been added. Just answer correctly and that should be ok.

Refs:

About the password question

This is surely due to the replacement of dovecot SASL by Cyrus SASL (postfix).

Refs

To resume, if you are asked for something, just answer. ;) Also, before posting such question, read the CHANGELOG ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hey Nuxwin.

First, you must know that you can upgrade from the 1.0.3 to the 1.1.18 directly. The update is incremental.

Right. I just wanted to be secure.

1. IP questionThis is because in the version 1.1.12, support for private IP has been added. See github.com/i-MSCP/imscp/blob/1.1.12/CHANGELOG#L59Just answer correctly and that should be ok.2. About passwordThis is surely due to the replacement of dovecot SASL by Cyrus SASL (postfix). See github.com/i-MSCP/imscp/blob/1.1.12/CHANGELOG#L40 and github.com/i-MSCP/imscp/blob/1.1.12/CHANGELOG#L50To resume, if you are asked for something, just answer

Right. I'll resume and report back.