Migration from ispcp 1.0.7 server to a NEW server with i-mscp 1.0.3.0

• Hi,

does it give a (easy) way to move/ migrate all data from server a (running with ispcp 1.0.7) to server b (complete new setup, running with i-mscp 1.0.3.0)?

If not - wich files or directorys and mysql-databases, etc. should I move from server a to server b? And would then work the migration script?

greets
    Tobias TM

• If it was me, I will upgrade from ISPcp to i-MSCP in the first place, then migrate from a server A to a server B.

The DB aren't the same, so an extraction from ISPcp to i-MSCP will not work and could cause many issues.

• If it was me, I will upgrade from ISPcp to i-MSCP in the first place, then migrate from a server A to a server B.

I think, that this will be the better way. My first idea was to install ispcp on the second (new) server, backup and restore all parts and after this I wanted to make an "upgrade" to i-mscp. But your idea to make first the "upgrade" on the old server and move than all to the new one will be better. ;-)

Or what do you think - which one is the better way of this two?

Edited once, last by TobiasTM ().

• The most parts of the issues you could get will be on migrating from server A to B.

So the question is: Would you get these possible issue with ISPcp or i-MSCP?^^

For example, you could get error on migrating from A to B ISPcp and then also get error when upgrading from ISPcp to i-MSCP. (BTW, you could get the same thing with the other solution.)

• One question... Which OS is running on your old ispcp server?

TheCry: This question I answered in the german corner - and this is my problem. It´s Debian 5 (Lenny) and this didn´t work perfekt with i-mscp. So I would install ispcp 1.0.7 on my new server, make a backup of the needed files on the old server , copy them on the new server and after this I will make an restore on the new one.

If it works I will post it here (or in an new thread). ;)

• Ahhh... Ok i didn't had a look on your username. I thought this were 2 different user who has the same problem

Sorry - first I´ve opened a thread in the german corner. After this I read the info, that the real good support is just in the english part of this forum, ´cause here can help all users arround the world (with my words). So I opened a second thread here in the "migration"-area :-)

• Best way is to migrate on from ispcp server A to ispcp server B (how? there is a script to import / export users from ispcp). After that migrate to i-mscp.

is possible to migrate from server ispcp on A to Server i-mscp on B, but require a lot of manual intervention in databases.

• Best way is to migrate on from ispcp server A to ispcp server B (how? there is a script to import / export users from ispcp). After that migrate to i-mscp.

where can i find the backup script ? is it the same what we have used for ispcp ? ( backup.php website password .... restore.php website password )