some issues with 1.0.3 upgrade

• So, today I started to update some maschines (1.0.2rc), actually got two updated.

Well, these points did some headache:

- dovecot and postfix config is overwritten. Not very nice if you tweaked it a bit.

- policyd blocks gmx and 1&1 by default. (not an 1.03 issue, but worth to mention, this is a big one, at least in germany)

- 100MB quota for mailboxes. Where can I change that?

- I have a shop running and need some php.ini changes. php.ini gets overwritten by update. Bad. The "new feature" to enable e.g. allow_url_fopen in the backend did cost me some hair. Seem the system doesnt care if you edit the corresponding php.ini.
    It still says allow_url_fopen=0, although it is enabled and and apache reloaded.
    Where is the php.ini by default and why is it not read by the system by default?

I kept getting "Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0" until I found the panel option.

Maybe someone get similar issues.

Edited once, last by bwd ().

• I'll replay for what i know answer:

- dovecot and postfix config is overwritten. Not very nice if you tweaked it a bit.

We assume that you manage Your server with our panel. Panel doesn't read every file. Some files are just replaced. If You want to keep changes you can make it in templates: /etc/imscp/

- policyd blocks gmx and 1&1 by default. (not an 1.03 issue, but worth to mention, this is a big one, at least in germany)

If You don't like default behavior You can disable it or made some custom changes. In Poland it blocks most of free e-mail provides so what I did:

Code
    1. policyd-weight defaults | sed s/"$dnsbl_checks_only = 0"/"$dnsbl_checks_only = 1"/ > /etc/policyd-weight.conf

That I don't know.

- I have a shop running and need some php.ini changes. php.ini gets overwritten by update. Bad. The "new feature" to enable e.g. allow_url_fopen in the backend did cost me some hair. Seem the system doesnt care if you edit the corresponding php.ini.
    It still says allow_url_fopen=0, although it is enabled and and apache reloaded.
    Where is the php.ini by default and why is it not read by the system by default?

Answer is the same as for the first question.

Edited once, last by Raisen ().

• - policyd blocks gmx and 1&1 by default. (not an 1.03 issue, but worth to mention, this is a big one, at least in germany)

You are talking about the 1&1 Server (kundenserver.de)?
    If yes, thats a great problem, because it's marked as spam server :)
    I had the same problem and i added the server in a policyd whitlist...
    That's very simple to add

At the moment you can only change it from the database, someone have to do an interface to deal with that, but at the moment the work has not started yet.
    If you wanted to do that, there's some code that we made for ispcp that could be used as a base for those changes, PM if you are interested.

• 1. You can alter template BUT you must know that templates are overwrite on updates.
    2. Sasha (TheCry) offed right answer for the spam problem.
    @Raisen:

policyd-weight defaults | sed s/"$dnsbl_checks_only = 0"/"$dnsbl_checks_only = 1"/ > /etc/policyd-weight.conf

That will not help. This is only for Ehlo / helo / mx /spf checks, not for spam check.
    Once marked as spam only whitelisting in policyd / disable policyd can help.
    Also that is already implemented by engine so when you will update you setting will be lost.
    3. Answer can be found at http://forum.i-mscp.net/Thread…ota-2GB?highlight=dovecot.
    4. There is a feature called php ini editor. Global setting can be found as admin in Settings.php. individual setting can be found after you enable feature first for reseller, then as reseller for user (@Raisen: templates are overwrite on update. Having a gui feature, why are you pointing to some files that best is not to mess with?!!)

• @Raisen:

That will not help. This is only for Ehlo / helo / mx /spf checks, not for spam check.

There was no word about spam...
    It helped for me and that was the only error I encountered.