I-mscp 1.1.12 Bugs

• Bugs! Let's squash them!
    OK, enought with the jokes. I just update one of my servers to the latest version of i-mscp 1.1.12 and one ugly nasty bug appeared.

Code
    1. root@csrv12:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
    2. * Stopping web server apache2 [ OK ]
    3. root@csrv12:~# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
    4. * Starting web server apache2 Syntax error on line 44 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/00_master.conf:
    5. Invalid command '<IfVersion', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not incl uded in the server configuration
    6. Action 'start' failed.
    7. The Apache error log may have more information.
    8. [fail]

And one more thing, it did not detect that the server was behind NAT so I had to modified the tpl's by hand.

• @Delta04

First, calm down please... It's not our fault if you're a bad admin (OUCH) :cursing:

You're reporting something without further information...

• Distro, Codename?
    • Apache version?
    • Log?

Please, give me the result of the following commands:

Code
    1. # apache2ctl -V

and

Code
    1. # apache2ctl -M

And again, you must use the "service" command to start/stop services... ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hmm, bad admin? :huh:

Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
    Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
    The log is quite old now. The fast fix was to comment out that detection and use the IfVersion 2.4.9 section.

Code
    1. root@csrv12:~# apache2ctl -VServer version: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)Server built: Apr 17 2014 21:49:30Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:30Server loaded: APR 1.4.6, APR-Util 1.3.12Compiled using: APR 1.4.6, APR-Util 1.3.12Architecture: 64-bitServer MPM: Worker threaded: yes (fixed thread count) forked: yes (variable process count)Server compiled with.... -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/worker" -D APR_HAS_SENDFILE -D APR_HAS_MMAP -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled) -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128 -D HTTPD_ROOT="/etc/apache2" -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/lib/apache2/suexec" -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/apache2.pid" -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status" -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log" -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="mime.types" -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="apache2.conf"

and

• Bad admin because you modify the original template, so when doing that, you must know what you are doing.

the "IfVersion" section doesn't seems to exist in the standard TPL files, so this is not, for me, an i-MSCP bug, mostly an admin bug :D

EDIT: BTW, read this: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/c…od_version.html#ifversion
    I saw that: "Module: mod_version", so should need the "mod_version" to be enable. On Debian 7.0.6, didn't see it anyways (and I'm not sure of the interest of a such module on a production server)

• @Athar

You're wrong here ;) The IfVersion tag has been added in last i-MSCP version but the problem is that its Apache version doesn't seem to have the mod_version... I'll fix that.

See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…apache/00_master.conf#L61

BTW: The "Bad admin" sentence was a joke.

• It was about other tpl and trust me, I know what I'm doing.

The modified tpl was on the bind side so that it would work correctly under NAT environment. On the latest version and starting with 20140608 build, the setup installer asks and detects if the server is behind NAT. In this case, there is a small bug that will be fixed soon.

More info, Nuxwin can provide you.

• @Nuxwin As I didn't get a chance to look at latest version, this is why I said "doesn't seems to exist in the standard TPL files", so as you already answer, I'll not check that now (that was what I was gonna to do in a few seconds^^)

EDIT: BTW, after searching quickly, didn't find the module for the Apache version on Debian 7.6 Need to sleep...

• That's one of the reasons why is not nice to jump to any conclusions before you know all the details.

• @Athar

It's normal because under Wheezy, the module is compiled statically while under ubuntu 12.04, it's a shared module which must be enabled with a2enmod.

• The problem seams to manifest only on 12.04 LTS. The fix is to load version module using the command,
    a2enmod version and restart the apache2.