Ubuntu release upgrade from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS with i-MSCP 1.1.13

• It works but it is much rework required depending on how much has changed on the system of yours from. There was some changes in the Apache you have the i-MSCP setup works and Apache can be started adjust it. Who can feel a bit familiar with Linux and Apache do this in a night shift without further problems. With Dovecot, ProFTP, MySQL, there are no problems.

• @FlyingMike

I don't see any problem with apache while upgrading from 12.04 LTS to 14.04 LTS. Of course, i-MSCP will not manage any exotic change made by admin.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @gOOvER Also in Debian there from time to time problems. Not as fast as Ubuntu also.

@Nuxwin Yes if you have changed a few things yourself, it can lead to problems. But I can clean up all and everything runs fine. In a newly installed system in which only i-MSCP runs it should not be a problem to update Ubuntu.

• @FlyingMike

Please, wait before switching to Debian because I'm not sure that your problem about Fcgid will be solved with it. I'll do more tests internally with a lot of apache graceful as this occurs in your environment and try to adjust the mod_fcgid parameters. Furthermore, I'll patch the fcgid_mod and provide our own version if it really needed. For now, I fix the ownDDNS plugin which must only rebuild DNS zone and reload them instead of doing a full change (which include apache graceful).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I upgraded from 12.04 to 14.04.1 with i-mscp 1.1.13 just fine. the big thing that made it go smoothly, i believe, was to allow Ubuntu setup to replace all config files with Ubuntu defaults again.

After the Ubuntu install was done, I ran i-mscp autoinstall again, and everything was great. The PHP Switcher plugin came in very handy for any sites that had PHP5.5 incompatibilities.