Migration ispcp 1.0.7 -> i-mscp 1.1.10 wrong FTP passwords

• Yesterday we migrate our old server to a new one, and we install i-mscp 1.1.10 to the new server.
    (clone ispcp 1.0.7, migrate to i-mscp)
    We had a lot of problem with the migration, but almost everything work's now, except FTP.
    The problem is, that the old ispcp store passwords encrypted, and i-mscp is not.

Is there any way to migrate these passwords?

If a user change his password, FTP work properly, but we couldn't asks every users to change all his FTP password...

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• Hello ;

Normally, password are decrypted while update but sometime (depending of how the migration process has been done) password get wrongs... Therefore, you must ask you customers to update their password. A mass mail should be ok for such a thing.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I've also migrated one of my old servers from ispcp to i-mscp, but not to the last version.
    Procedure:
    1. Migrate from ispcp 1.0.7 to i-mscp 1.1.1
    2. Upgrade to i-mscp 1.1.3
    3. Upgrade to i-mscp 1.1.5
    4. Upgrade to i-mscp 1.1.9
    5. Upgrade to i-mscp 1.1.11

When you migrate to i-mscp 1.1.1 you'll have a problem with the customers rebuild, you'll find the fast solution here:
    Migration from ispCP to i-MSCP - Failure

After all the steps are performed in the correct way, you'll have a fully functional migrated system. Before migrating ispcp, I also migrated squeeze to wheezy...

Hope it helps,
    bye Kess.

• Ok, thank you for your help.
    It's too late for make the migration again, because it's already a live server.
    By the way: if migration work properly only with the 1.1.1, it's recommended to update the migration howto, isn't it? (http://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.php?id=migration:ispcp)

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• The migration works also with last i-MSCP version. No need to do like @kess which is crazy :D

• @Nuxwin
    I just posted how I did my migration procedure and how it worked for me.
    I started with version 1.1.1 because at that time it was the last available version.
    I don't have at present a new server to test directly with version 1.1.11, but for the password problem, I think that it could be resolved with some scripting that converts old style passwords in the new style...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• My dear @kess

Do you really think that we do not do this already (converting password) ? This is already done during database update but the problem is that if the update is run many times, passwords become wrong. I'll re-check this part of migration but normally, this works (in normal context). ;)

• @Nuxwin
    I know you already converted the old DB passwords, and I also know that if you run the conversion script multiple times it will break things. My last post was meant in the way of providing some temporary kind of script that could convert (only once) the wrong FTP passwords that @Dylan has at present. Just to resolve the specific present problem.

My last post was not something negative on your work, instead I just have to tell you THANK YOU for the work you do for free for us. Because of that, I just wanted to help out someone with a problemt (with all my personal limits).
    I really like i-MSCP and if I can be helpful for someone I do it with pleasure.

Once again @Nuxwin thank you very much for your work

• My dear @kess

Once the passwords are wrong, they cannot be reverted in anyway ;)

BTW: Don't worry about my way to talk. I love to be sarcastic. ;)