Hello i-mscp!

• Hello everyone,
    I spent last few days evaluating i-mscp features, and soon our developer will try and evaluate the code of i-mscp.
    From my part as system administrator I must say that this is one really nice hosting panel, and from what I heard (imscp is build with Zend framework) it will have a bright future.
    There is few issues I came across, which is not suprise since I do things before I consult with the documentation. It's my pathology, so sue me.
    First thing is lack of:
    1. DNS settings like (for admin):
    a. creating DNS templates
    b. editing DNS templates
    c. Mass DNS template rebuild (in cases when ns1 and ns2 IP change). Here we can have all domains listed with ability to select ones that we want nameservers to be changed. Then we select their "new default" template and hit rebuild.
    1-1, DNS for client:
    a. ability to add/change/preview DNS records for their domain if allowed. for ex. adding a record for subdomain. I know there is a feature, but it seems I can't edit it. Or I'm dumb to see it.
    2. roundcube/horde support. Roundcube had to dealt with caution, since during update it replaces old roundcube database with default one wich results in Contact's loss.
    3. high quality web-FTP client like extplorer
    4. No possibility to create customer through admin account (which is not big problem so far but it rise some confusion).
    5. Not sure, but It seems that all domains share same php.ini file settings. I think its good idea that every customer has it's own php.ini file cotroled by admin. In that case when you change something, or some setting, it affects only that domain.
    6. Customer disable
    7. Can't find mailing list?
    Everything else seems ok for now. We will try and implement most of the things on this list, but before that we will have to do another, more indepth, investigation against your panel.
    I hope you will not find this post offensive in any way. I believe it's very good one and from what I can see it has very good developers behind it.
    Take care

• Hi FrPrim

I just want to reply to some of the points:
    2) support for horde is not really hard - if you need the vacation and password module, then you may build your own "driver" for i-mscp... I have it up and running.

4) I thik the 3 level of the users is not that bad - an admin can create resellers and a reseller can create his users. Of course you can argue "why not create a user as admin and provide a reseller for the user...
    Normally you work as reseller in the panel... not as admin.

5) Every customer has a php.ini for all of his domains. It's possible to give the customer the right to change some few settings which might be needed. Of course this does not work with mod-php.

6) a reseller can disable his customers (it's configurable if emails still can be received (mta side) or not).

and maybe you provide some details when you say "*Here* we can..."

/Joxi

• Thanks for the link :D
    Ah slowloris! Nice :D I started to work on antiloris prevention few weeks back but I never finished it. Perhaps it's time to do so.

• All DNS interface will be rewritten after next stable. We'll care about your sentence.

2. roundcube/horde support. Roundcube had to dealt with caution, since during update it replaces old roundcube database with default one wich results in Contact's loss.

It's already planned to replace squirrel with roundcube. Don't worry about data, we will manage in good way.

3. high quality web-FTP client like extplorer

Already planned too.

4. No possibility to create customer through admin account (which is not big problem so far but it rise some confusion).

It's the expected behavior: admin manage the resellers and the resellers manage their customers. Admin still able to switch to the reseller interface in few click and so, it's not a problem.

5. Not sure, but It seems that all domains share same php.ini file settings. I think its good idea that every customer has it's own php.ini file cotroled by admin. In that case when you change something, or some setting, it affects only that domain.

For now, when you are using FCGI, each customers can have either a global php.ini for all of its domain entities or a php.ini for each of its domain entities.

Stilll that if you are using ITK, it's not possible to load many php.ini.

Whatever the customer can change some PHP directive values from its UI level.

6. Customer disable

It's already partially implemented.

Cheer ;

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• I just saw your post Joximu,
    we might posted at the same.
    As for roundcube/horde: I really think that customers prefer more user friendly enviornoment like roundcube. From what I saw on their website, they are making huge progress all the time. I believe it's one of the best webmail clients at this moment. I will try to make progress on my own, and will post if I stuck somewhere.
    4) You are absolutelly right here. It is not a big problem, it's just not something I'm use to, but this feature might have security potential.
    6) Didn't see that one. :([hr]
    This is great welcome from everyone. I rally din't expect that muny people to reply to my post and answer all my doubts. It is great to see people from develping team to take this much attention to newcomers.
    Thank you all

Edited once, last by FrPrim ().

• We will try to contribute as much as we can. :D