IP management

• Can you make the i-MSCP IP management an optional option? Right now I get error emails like this after every reboot:

At least, i-MSCP should not try to add IP addresses while running in an OpenVZ container.

• It's not an error, just a warning that you can forgot...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• But this warning happens every reboot. There should be an (advanced) option in imscp.conf to let the user choose if they want to handle the network configuration by i-MSCP or not.

The current configuration doesn't work well under OpenVZ after the network interfaces are already defined in /etc/network/interfaces. The other alternative is checking whether the installation is running in an OpenVZ container by looking for /proc/user_beancounters and then automatically disable any attempts to add network interfaces.

Personal, I would prefer an on/off switch in imscp.conf though.

• The current configuration doesn't work well under OpenVZ

Can you explain?

looking for /proc/user_beancounters and then automatically disable any attempts to add network interfaces.

I never used OpenVZ. If you can confirm that this file is only used by this software, i`ll add a check to disable warning for this container type

• Can you explain?

OpenVZ automatically regenerates /etc/network/interfaces as soon you add/remove IP addresses to/from the virtual machine.

I never used OpenVZ. If you can confirm that this file is only used by this software, i`ll add a check to disable warning for this container type

Yes, this file is only present on OpenVZ machines. Look like newer versions of the OpenVZ kernel are now using /proc/bc instead, so it should check for both /proc/user_beancounters and /proc/bc

See also http://wiki.openvz.org/BC_proc_entries

• Thank you. I`ll add this check to avoid sending warning if OpenVZ is detected. I`ll let you know when will be added into repo (probably tonight)

• I've removed warning since I assume that an administrator know better how a server should be configured. Also manual setting do not affect how panel work.