• until v 1.1.1 I always entered my 3 external nameserver into resolv.conf

Code
    1. nameserver 127.0.0.1
    2. nameserver 00.00.000.010
    3. nameserver 00.00.000.002
    4. nameserver 00.00.000.003

after upgrading v1.0 to 1.1.2 relsov.conf contains only 1 entry:
    nameserver 127.0.0.1

so I renamed the resolv.conf symlink to resolv.conf.bak and copied my original resolf.conf back to /etc/reslov.conf
    now I'm not sure if I did everything right, so I would like to ask how to use external nameserver with imscp

• Hello ;

This problem is already fixed in stable branch. A new option has been added which allow to use external server and totally remove bind9 package. In order, you'll have to run reconfiguration as follow:

Code
    1. # perl imscp-autoinstall -dar named

and choose the 'external server' option.

This new option is in the stable branch and will be part of next release 1.1.3

For now, even if you edit your resolv.conf file manually, it will be overridden by i-mscp when the imscp_network script is run. You can of course disable the local resolver by running:

Code
    1. perl imscp-autoinstall -dar resolver

and add your own entries in the resolv.conf file

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• thanks Nuxwin,
    there is second conf for postfix:

Code
    1. warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and /etc/resolv.conf differ

can this be ignored or shoud this also contain the external NS?
    or is it better to add all entrys into:
    /lib/init/rw/resolvconf and link to /etc/reslov.conf

• Re;

Restart postfix after editing the /etc/resolv.conf file and all should be ok.

• Code
    1. # perl imscp-autoinstall -dar named

and choose the 'external server' option.

This new option is in the stable branch and will be part of next release 1.1.3

I am using 1.1.3, but running the above option brings me directly to "Select bind mode" - no way to decided between internal and external server. How do I get to that prompt in order to disable and uninstall all local dns servers?

• I am using 1.1.3, but running the above option brings me directly to "Select bind mode" - no way to decided between internal and external server. How do I get to that prompt in order to disable and uninstall all local dns servers?

To use an external Mailserver you must allow your customer to set a external Mailserver, after that you will find that in the Panel.

• @andy-lu

Nothing to do with external mail server here.

@Lars

I cannot reproduce the problem on my dev machine. Teamviewer?

• To use an external Mailserver you must allow your customer to set a external Mailserver, after that you will find that in the Panel.

Thank you for your reply, Andy - however, this is about nameserver, not mailserver and I believe uninstalling the nameserver is not something that would be available in the webinterface.

• I am using 1.1.3, but running the above option brings me directly to "Select bind mode" - no way to decided between internal and external server. How do I get to that prompt in order to disable and uninstall all local dns servers?

Solution to this problem:
    This does not work:

Code
    1. root@ginger:/var/www/imscp/engine/setup# ./imscp-setup -dar named

This does work:

Code
    1. root@ginger:/usr/local/src/imscp-1.1.3# perl imscp-autoinstall -dar named

I mixed the two up - or rather, wasn't aware that were was a different script, the autoinstall one, in a different place. They seemed similar to me and offered similar options, but really, they are different. Problem solved!