RoundcubePlugins

• Hello ;

For me this doesn't make any sense because if the user do not login to roundcube to create its rules, the default filter file (which does nothing by default) is totally useless. Now, I'm maybe wrong :angel:

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @Nuxwin the default filter file moves the spam mails from the inbox to the junk folder. And this features does not just work in roundcube, it works globally. In roundcube you can just change the filter rules (the configuration interface for this feature :D).

Hope I understood you correctly :)

• It is not so easy with the default SPAM filter rules.

If we make it active by default without the need to login to Roundcube and activating it (in this case the user knows, that a SPAM filter rule exists and is active), then all SPAM mails will be moved to SPAM folder for all users.

That means also for users who only use POP3 and then they won't see the mails in the SPAM folder. And what happens if then a false positive SPAM mail is in the folder?
    The POP3 user won't see this mail, until he changes his mail client to IMAP or is using Roundcube.

So, I don't see a better option in an environment where both POP3 and IMAP is in use. Is it only possible to do that for an IMAP only MDA.

• I think this is a general problem. Because if a pop3 user signs into roundcube the filters will be activated. So a pop3 user should not be allowed to use roundcube.

PS: why is there a problem with pop3 users? Because (I thought) that they just download the mails instead of the imap method (sync).

• I think this is a general problem. Because if a pop3 user signs into roundcube the filters will be activated. So a pop3 user should not be allowed to use roundcube.

The filters will only be activated, when the user is doing this steps in Roundcube: Settings → Filters

PS: why is there a problem with pop3 users? Because (I thought) that they just download the mails instead of the imap method (sync).

I have not used POP3 for a very long time. But when I remember right, then only files from INBOX were donwloaded (at least in the past). But maybe that changed in the meanwhile.
    I have to do a test for this. :)

• Sry you're right. Pop3 downloads just the inbox folder...

Maybe so it's possible to have a flag in the roundcube settings. Changing them to true, the filter rules will be used for all users?

• Just made a test and I can confirm, that mails in Spam/Junk folder will not be downloaded via POP3.

• Maybe so it's possible to have a flag in the roundcube settings. Changing them to true, the filter rules will be used for all users?

Maybe that is an option. But then I have to do the creation of the default sieve rule by myself (RoundcubePlugins code).
    The way it is implemented at the moment, is totaly inculded in the Roundcube managesieve plugin and that depends on the user by clicking in Roundcube: Settings → Filters to activate it.

You could check here: /var/www/imscp/gui/public/tools/webmail/plugins/managesieve/config.inc.php

Code
    1. // default contents of filters script (eg. default spam filter)
    2. $rcmail_config['managesieve_default'] = '/var/www/imscp/gui/public/tools/webmail/plugins/managesieve/imscp_default.sieve';
  • Hallo, ich habe Probleme beim Löschen von diesem Plugin. Es kommt folgende Meldung:

Code
    1. Ein unerwarteter Fehler ist aufgetreten:
    2. Plugin uninstallation has failed: Unable to uninstall: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1147 There is no such grant defined for user 'roundcube_user' on host 'localhost' on table 'mail_users'

Ich verwende jetzt die neuste Version von i-mscp.
    Aktivieren geht auch nicht. Was kann man da tun?