[HOWTO] Dovecot improvements

• Since i-mscp 1.0.1.5 dovecot can be used as the default IMAP/POP client.
    At the moment i-mscp preserves the compatibility with courier, hence some features from dovecot are still not propagated to the interface.
    There also some other features that where not considered to be needed for everyone.
    The wiki page will focus on trying to help integrating the missing parts and to make easier for the users to use the enhancements that brings dovecot.
    You can see the page here

At the moment the howto has these features:
    .- Alias and subdomains can be used as a full mail domains
    .- Global sieve rules

Edited once, last by aseques ().

• Hey aseques,

What does "Alias and subdomains can be used as a full mail domains" mean? I mean, we've had mailboxes under aliases and subdomains forever, haven't we? How is that different?

• Hey aseques,

What does "Alias and subdomains can be used as a full mail domains" mean? I mean, we've had mailboxes under aliases and subdomains forever, haven't we? How is that different?

It's a feature that plesk has and it's really needed in my case, for example, I've two domains (example.com and example.net).
    My main domain is example.com and I give that one to everyone, for mail, web, etc..
    For some reason (languange, community site, ..) I use also example.net as a valid domain.
    In that case I like that every address in example.com ([email protected],[email protected],[email protected] ...) receive the mail sent to ([email protected],[email protected],[email protected] ...)

• I think that wiki has a few typo

Code
    1. driver = mysql2 connect = host=localhost dbname=ispcp user=ispcp_dovecot password=PASS_MAILRW3 user_query = SELECT CONCAT('/var/mail/virtual/', subdomain.subdomain_name, ".", domain.domain_name, '/',mail_acc) AS home, '1001' AS uid, '8' AS gid FROM (mail_users INNER JOIN subdomain ON mail_users.sub_id = subdomain.subdomain_id) INNER JOIN domain ON mail_users.domain_id = domain.domain_id WHERE mail_acc='%n' and concat(subdomain.subdomain_name,".",domain.domain_name)='%d';

I suppose shoud be

Code
    1. 2 connect = host=localhost dbname=imscp user=dovecot_user password=PASS_MAILRW

and

Code
    1. driver = mysql2 connect = host=localhost dbname=ispcp user=ispcp_dovecot password=PASS_MAILRW3 user_query = SELECT concat('/var/mail/virtual/', domain_aliasses.alias_name, '/',mail_acc) as home, '1001' as uid, '8' as gid FROM (mail_users INNER JOIN domain_aliasses ON mail_users.sub_id = domain_aliasses.alias_id) INNER JOIN domain ON mail_users.domain_id = domain.domain_id WHERE mail_acc='%n' and domain_aliasses.alias_name ='%d';

I suppose shoud be

Code
    1. 2 connect = host=localhost dbname=imscp user=dovecot_user password=PASS_MAILRW

Edited once, last by Botolo ().

• Yes, you're right, the defaults you posted are the right ones. In my case I've those values because I am upgrading from an older ispcp install

• I'm usinge Beta1 and some of theese mods are already in place. The quota warnings seems very similar to yours.
    Some other mods (I really don't remember which ones, sorry) crashed my daemon, but maybe I just did them wrong :)

• You are right, the quota implementation is the same that's on the wiki ,in fact, it was me who put it in the master code :), just forgot to update the wiki removing that part (DONE NOW)
    About the changes you said on the sql, already fixed too.
    Another change I've done is to add the information about enabling the move of junk mail to Junk folder in the server.