Bugs in Creation of aliases

• I just tried to add a domain-alias to a domain as a reseller.

First I noticed (as you can see in the screenshot) that the Url under "Weiterleiten" had no "http://" in front of it...

then I tried to delete it, but it didn't really delete. It only said unknown error (screenshot). I can't delete the alias anymore, I also can't add a new one with that name, because it sais, it already exists.

Please help me, thank you very much in advance!

bildschirm.png

Edited once, last by Preexo ().

• Please open a ticket.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• open pma and look at table domain_alias and please post here status for that alias (column alias_status)

• open pma and look at table domain_alias and please post here status for that alias (column alias_status)

Thanks for the replys.

In that table, in that column for the corrupt alias it sais:
    Modules::Alias::delete: mv: cannot stat `/var/www/virtual/camesis.de/camesis.net': No such file or directory

Any idea, how I can solve the problem?
    Shall I still open a ticket?

• create this directory, go in the debugger (adminpanel as admin), there you will find a way to change the status again and continue.

Seems you removed the folder before removing the domain alias...

• create this directory, go in the debugger (adminpanel as admin), there you will find a way to change the status again and continue.

Seems you removed the folder before removing the domain alias...

when i clicked "change" in the debbugger the status of the alias changed to "Modification in progress", but nothing more happened. In the column in the database it said "change" (as you can see in the first screenshot)

chage.png

I then added a new alias. Surprisingly the status of the other one changed from "change" to "ok".

I then tried to delete the alias again. It now sais:

Code
    1. Modules::Alias::delete: mv: inter-device move failed: `/var/www/virtual/camesis.de/' to `/tmp/ERgio29LUa/'; unable to remove target: Is a directory

If I try to delete the new alias, I get the same error.

If I try to change another alias, I get an error, as you can see in the second screenshot.
    bug_alias_edit.png

I think this is probably worth a ticket... but i want to get it solved too, thats why I keep writing here.

Thanks for the help!

• Found this: http://insanelabs.com/linux/li…ve-target-is-a-directory/ Is your tmp on another device? what distro / flavor you use?

We use Debian Squeeze 64bit.
    We have 2 mirrored harddrives (RAID1) with the following partitions:
    PART swap swap 32G
    PART /boot ext3 512M
    PART / ext3 256G

PART /tmp xfs 5G
    PART /backup ext3 512G
    PART /var ext3 all

We played through a couple of scenarios:

Code
    1. a) add domain aliasUser account: camesis.deDomain name: blub1.deDirectory mount point: /blub1.deEnable Forward: EnableForward to URL: http://www.camesis.de/

That alias can be created and can be deleted without problems.

Code
    1. b) add domain alias
    2. User account: camesis.de
    3. Domain name: blub2.de
    4. Directory mount point: /
    5. Enable Forward: Enable
    6. Forward to URL: http://www.camesis.de/

That alias can be created, but can not be deleted. Same error as the others which couldn't be deleted.

The difference is the "directory mount point".
    But you don't need a mount point when redirecting, do you?

Anyway seems like that causes the error...
    Any idea how to solve? thanks alot!

Edited once, last by Preexo ().

• Even if it's a redirect - better let i-mscp create a mount point for you...

For the future I think we have to distinguish between "second domain" and "real Alias" (which is more or less the same as a domain with the same mount point).
    Then it would be possible to force the user to create an own folder for every domain.

/J

• The gui shold prevent from entering a "directory mount point" if "redirect" is
    choosen when creating a alias.
    And i-MSCP should fill it for the user.
    That way no error could occur.

How can I clean my faulty aliases and get rid of them, finaly?