Any guides on setting up a secondary DNS?

• Are their any uptodate guides/howto's on how to setup a secondary dns server? I read in another thread that most should be setup at install but still no information on how to do so.

- Sam

• Are their any uptodate guides/howto's on how to setup a secondary dns server? I read in another thread that most should be setup at install but still no information on how to do so.

- Sam

Hello ;

If you are using the last available version:

Code
    1. perl imscp-autoinstall -dasr named

Then, you can choose to add slave servers. Of course, the slave servers must be configured manually on the remote server since they are not managed directly by i-MSCP (eg. zone creation).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Yeah, i get a GUI like thing but i choose to add slave's and i never need to add the ip for the other servers?

What i need to know is how i can transfer all the zones from the primary to the secondary automaticaly?

• Yeah, i get a GUI like thing but i choose to add slave's and i never need to add the ip for the other servers?

What i need to know is how i can transfer all the zones from the primary to the secondary automaticaly?

Re;

As I've said: The zone creation on slave server is not managed by i-MSCP. In order, you must, on the slave server (after adding it IP via i-MSCP installer):

- Create the slave zone
    - Restart the slave server (or reload)

And then, normally, the zone will be automatically populated via AXFR.

BTW: Some user were shared a script allowing to create the zone file automatically on slave server. Search on our forum.

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Istruction for secondary dns is ok, but what about an imscp server in dmz zone, without public ip?
    The primary ip is in 192.168.x.y/24 subnet , but if you want to use imscp as dns server, it can't reply with this address for dns query.
    Also, if you add custom dns records to records autobuilded with subdomain creation, the dns reply with double record (dmz ip and custom records). In any case, you can't set the root dns record (domain.ext).
    How i can work about this?

Note: the dns record must remain separated from apache conf, because the apache vhost listen at dmz ip and not at public ip.
    Thank you!

Edited once, last by m4rv1n00 ().

• currently not possible. imscp can not operate in dmz as nameserver for external resolution.
    use external nameservers, disable imscp local resolver.

workaround could be (but not suggested) to modify your zone templates, so zones are created with external nameservers instead of nsX.domain.tld
    how to do that is described in multiple topics on our forums.

managing zones and nameservers is already on todo list, imscp will support that in near future with a plugin.

• Hi Guys,

Is there any clear and complete guide, how to set a secondary (slave) DNS server with i-mscp?
    (with latest version)

Some topic above doesn't work anymore.
    So it would be nice, if somebody make a clear guide for community.
    Thank you!

i-MSCP 1.5.3
    Plugins (latest version): ClamAV, CronJobs, DomainAutoApproval, LetsEncrypt, OpenDKIM, PanelRedirect, PhpSwitcher, PolicydSPF, Postgrey, RecaptchaPMA, RoundcubePlugins, SpamAssasin, WHMCS

• @flames

Could you write a small howto for our community, including usage of the slave server provisioning listener?