DNS behaviour in 1.1.0-rc1 and newer (Including Git Master)

• In the last i-MSCP versions that have been released and also in Git Master, there have been several changes in the DNS records management that may require some explanation:

• The custom MX DNS records can no longer be created from the custom DNS record interface. Now the MX DNS records are managed through the external mail server interface, which is available in Mail -> External mail servers. This interface is only available when the External Mail Server feature is enabled for the involved customer. (Since i-MSCP 1.1.0-rc1)

• Creation of new DNS records can be done by any component such as the custom DNS Records component, the external Mail Server component, any plugin... All DNS records are displayed on the customer domain page, but only those that have been created by the customer itself are editable. (Git Master)

• All the custom DNS records created from earlier i-MSCP versions are migrated correctly excepted those that have been added manually via a tool such as PhpMyAdmin (eg. The DNS records added manually (before the version 1.1.0-rc1) for the external mail servers with the protected field set to 'yes')

• In the domain_dns table, the protected field has been replaced by the owned_by field, which holds information about the owner of the DNS record, which is generally the name of the component. (Git Master)

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().