Install docs are not clear and some failure

• Hi,

i try to install the trunk with a user that has no experience with ispCP/i-msCP.

The result: He had to quit, because the documentation is not clearly understood.

1.) In the docs stand

Code
    1. Install by running the imscp-autoinstall script./imscp-autoinstall

That is wrong, the file is not an executable. So the user was a little bit confused.
    Better write

Code
    1. perl ./imscp-autoinstall (i fixed it in trunk)

2.) The Package "lsb-release" is not installed on most images that isp´s deliver to her users. It should be mentioned clearly what are the minimum requirements. Here the user always was confused, because the autoinstaller say "lsb_release" are not installed, but it means "lsb-release"

3.) The setup ask for the fqdn. At this point the User must break the setup, because the system has a fqdn, also he enter another fqdn manually, but the system don´t accept them :dodgy:

It was not clear what the system complains.

Edited once, last by ShadowJumper ().

• 1. I`ll check, but imscp-autoinstall should be executable. Anyway, thank you now is safer :)
    2. Fixed in 5326. lsb-release package containing lsb_release command supposed to be installed automatically. Now will be installed automatically :D
    3. A fqdn is what wiki define as fqdn:

is a domain name that specifies its exact location in the tree hierarchy of the Domain Name System (DNS). It specifies all domain levels, including the top-level domain and the root domain. A fully qualified domain name is distinguished by its unambiguity; it can only be interpreted one way.

There are accepted only ICANN defined top levels domain: com, net etc, but not home, mine, bleah as tld`s. With debug = 1 will also accept test and bogus as tld.

• Why only ICANN TLDs? .de, .ws, .io and so on are also regular TLDs that can be used for FQDN or RDNS. This should be fixed...

• 1. I`ll check, but imscp-autoinstall should be executable. Anyway, thank you now is safer :)
    2. Fixed in 5326. lsb-release package containing lsb_release command supposed to be installed automatically. Now will be installed automatically :D
    3. A fqdn is what wiki define as fqdn:

There are accepted only ICANN defined top levels domain: com, net etc, but not home, mine, bleah as tld`s. With debug = 1 will also accept test and bogus as tld.

Hi,

the system has a fqdn (name.domain.com), so i dont know why the installer already block and mean that it is not a fgdn in this situation.

I will try later on my own dev system.

Edited once, last by ShadowJumper ().

• .de works also :)

The ICAN list include not all worldwide allowed tld´s.

I think we must create an extra config for enter also allowed tld´s