using older php-versions in addition?

• hello everybody,

i'm a noob here and not sure, whether this is the correct place to ask (sorry, if not):

i'm playing around with i-mscp for some days now and love the straight-forwardness of this nice tool (1.0.1.4). but now i realized, that some web-application i need are not running properly under php 5.3.
    so my question: is it possible to install php 5.2 in addition (on a debian system) and set the version individual for each webö-site?

any input as concrete as possible (what does a dummy need to do) would be very much appreciated.

regards
    olibert

• It's not planned to use i-MSCP with older Version as php 5.3. i-MSCP needs php 5.3 to work. I would advise you not to use software that need such an old PHP. :) An other Way; ask the Dev of the Script to make it php 5.3 ready :)

• hmmm ...
    ok - i'll try to get in touch with some hundreds of typo3 extension developers :-D

anyway - thanks for the reply - now i can stop thinking about this problem ;-)

cheers
    olibert

• i'm still testing and playing around.
    at the moment i had some trouble with one faq-extension, some rss-tools and some older typo3 versions in general (yes i know, they should be updated anyway, but thats no easy task in every case).
    i was thinking of moving some typo3 installations to this new server - but now i have to spend more time into testing, updating and troubleshooting than i have planned.

• THAT looks interesting - i'll give it a read ;-)

thanks for this hint!!

• Any log about problems that occurs with older typo3 version under php5.3 ?

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• i'm just about to transfer another (older) t3 version - i can send you some logs after the transfer, and afterwards i switch to php 5.2 as described in the above link and see what happens ...

• back again ... with a smile on the face :-)

1.@g00vER
    big thanks for the link - looks like it worked - the specific domain is running php 5.2 now

2. Nuxwin
    it is typo3 version 4.2.10 (yes again - i know its deprecated) - with a quick glance, i couldn't find any useful logfile entries. maybe i've been looking on the wrong place?

but here are some error-messages tahat apperaed before switching to php 5.2 for you:
    frontend:

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/t3lib/class.t3lib_page.php on line 499 Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/t3lib/class.t3lib_page.php on line 501 Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/t3lib/class.t3lib_page.php on line 504

backend (before logging in):

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/typo3/template.php on line 231 Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/typo3/template.php on line 236 Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/t3lib/class.t3lib_iconworks.php on line 280 Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/t3lib/class.t3lib_iconworks.php on line 291 Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.de/htdocs/t3lib/class.t3lib_div.php on line 2921

for the moment that's exactly what i needed and i can work on the new server and make updates of the websites one after the other ...

thanks for all the input!
    olibert