Import/export fonction for a whole account

• Hi,

I'm dreaming about a killing feature : export a whole acount including FTP files, Mysql dump, FTP and mysql acoounts with passwords, email accounts with pass and mailbox, alias etc.... with of course the import feature to restore everything.

The goal is to easily change an acount to another serveur.
    We just have to change DNS and everything will be operational, instead of recreate everything by hand.

Do you thing is something possible in a future version, or will it stand in my dreams ?

Edited once, last by Spheerys ().

• Look I know I'm just another user of this software, but it seems like natural progression. I'm working on a solution based on a few tools others have made for commandline, but its not going to be awesome. Something properly integrated is going to be a heck of a lot better, and I'm sure it'll hit the radar eventually.

It's pretty much the only thing I desperately need for my hosting. Its also a small sort of liability helper having failover hosting (automated export/import), some monitoring, and the ability to fix things quickly with a backup or just blitz it all and rebuild/mirror in an hour with a simple script.... mmmmmmmmm....

• A solution in command line is a good start :)
    Do you plan to share your script (gitub or else...) ?

• A solution in command line is a good start :)
    Do you plan to share your script (gitub or else...) ?

Hey I know this thread is ancient now, but it is likely you are still wanting this, as am I, and I never responded >.>

I created a thread with an easy to modify backup/restore script, it uses Amazon's S3 service, but you can replace that with whatever, change the frequency categorisations, add more options etc etc

The thread also links to the command line tools which aseques developed. You can use those to automate account creation/modification/deletion.

In the thread you can see what else I'm working on, and hopefully soon I'll have a more robust tool set with everything combined and support for multiple other services. I don't think there's much work to tie it together, but time is commodity I don't seem to have.

Backup/Restore & Mirror/Migration, Work in progress.

• Oh wow Ill check this out, I just mentioned the ability to backup to a cloud service in another thread for a feature request this sounds very promising. Unfortunately that thread doesn't work anymore could you repost? @o-leary

David