i-MSCP installs to domain root every time

• Hello everyone! I have recently changed over to Debian Squeeze after a lifetime of using centOS. Kloxo was my prior panel of choice, but now on Debian I'm trying to switch to this one. The demo is very nice, and kudos to any here who had a hand in building it. I installed the panel using a very simple guide and the install finished without any errors. But instead of a port number login (or folder login) i.e. http://www.mydomain.com:8080 or /admin the panel installs to my FQDN domain root. But minus the server1. before it, so basically my public_html root. Before I even get the chance to login and create the domain is why it's so strange to me. However the a-records at the registrar are already setup because this box was running centOS just a few days ago. So my question is, is this normal? Will it change when I login and start doing things? Also, what is the default url for the backend login of i-MSCP? Thanks for any help!

P.S. I've ran the install three times making a few minor changes and it still installs to public_html root everytime.

• Hello everyone! I have recently changed over to Debian Squeeze after a lifetime of using centOS. Kloxo was my prior panel of choice, but now on Debian I'm trying to switch to this one. The demo is very nice, and kudos to any here who had a hand in building it. I installed the panel using a very simple guide and the install finished without any errors. But instead of a port number login (or folder login) i.e. http://www.mydomain.com:8080 or /admin the panel installs to my FQDN domain root. But minus the server1. before it, so basically my public_html root. Before I even get the chance to login and create the domain is why it's so strange to me. However the a-records at the registrar are already setup because this box was running centOS just a few days ago. So my question is, is this normal? Will it change when I login and start doing things? Also, what is the default url for the backend login of i-MSCP? Thanks for any help!

P.S. I've ran the install three times making a few minor changes and it still installs to public_html root everytime.

Hey there,

If you are using stable (i don't have experience with other versions), there are a couple of things that look wrong with your post..

• There should be no public_html folder in use, this is usually used by other panels. Individual sites are usually stored in separate folders in the format /var/www/virtual/your-domain-name/htdocs/. Your hosting panel is in a similar folder but not under the domain name.
    • During setup you specify the hostname of the system, but also the domain you use for admin access, by default this is admin.full-hostname, so if you use hostxyz.domain.com it defaults to admin.hostxyz.domain.com. This can definitely be set during the auto installation to something else.
    • It sounds like you have installed one control panel over another, this is generally not going to work out well. If you run the install on a clean system and pay lots of attention to the hostname and admin sections of the install you should be fine. I like to use the same admin domain as the hostname, eg server1.domain.com for both.