i-mscp amazon

• Is there anyone that can comment about the setup needed to put i-mscp on amazon?

The only thread I could find was this here but doesn't have much information.
    I would like to know what could be the real advantage of this setup, I was thinking along this:

• i-mscp for regular usage and domain management
    • Amazon for peak usage of some sites
  • Hello.
    It was my post.:blush:
    I have only one problem to use of i-mscp on amazon ec2 - it bind9
    Because it resolve only local ip-address.
    But I have found my own solution: :)

# nano /root/dns-changer

Shell-Script
    1. #!/bin/shsed -i -e 's/XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY/g' /var/cache/bind/*/etc/init.d/bind9 reloadecho 'nameserver 127.0.0.1' > /etc/resolv.conf

Where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - is your local ip-address and YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY is your external (elastic) ip-address.

Script will be updated every 5 minuts:

# crontab -e

Code
    1. */5 * * * * /root/dns-changer

Edited once, last by stopkadr ().

• I'll note it down, but I am specially interested on how do you seize the use of amazon services. Stuff like creating new instances for peak of load and stuff like that.

• OK, I'll started testing it by myself so I can fully understand what it's about

First issue so far, a couple of missing packages in debian image:

Code
    1. apt-get install bzip2 libfindbin-libs-perl

Other than that the installation seems to be going well, will be updating with more information.

• Hello.
    It was my post.:blush:
    I have only one problem to use of i-mscp on amazon ec2 - it bind9
    Because it resolve only local ip-address.
    But I have found my own solution: :)

I just found the same issue, but I solved it another way I think a better one, you have to login to the mysql console, you can automate it using the credentials i /etc/mysql/debian.cnf, and on the imscp database just run:

Code
    1. update server_ips set ip_number='YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY'

And then you have two options, if you are a user of cli tools (see here) you can regenerate all the dns with this one liner

Code
    1. for i in `ls -1 /var/www/virtual/` ; do php domain_imscp.php --action regenerate_domain --domain "$i" ; done/var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr

Or with standard commands:

Code
    1. In mysql:
    2. UPDATE `domain` SET `domain_status` = 'change' WHERE `domain_status` = 'ok';
    3. UPDATE `subdomain` SET `subdomain_status` = 'change' WHERE `subdomain_status` = 'ok';
    4. UPDATE `domain_aliasses` SET `alias_status` = 'change' WHERE `alias_status` = 'ok';
    5. UPDATE `subdomain_alias` SET `subdomain_alias_status` = 'change' WHERE `subdomain_alias_status` = 'ok';
    6. UPDATE `mail_users` SET `status` = 'change' WHERE `status` = 'ok';
    7. In command line:
    8. /var/www/imscp/engine/imscp-rqst-mngr

The advantage of this method is that your dns won't change without you knowing, and also all the hostings will be created with the proper data.
    Another advantage is that when changing only the data and not the timestamp, the changes won't be propagated to everyone.
    What do you think of this?
    UPDATE: I see that this doesn't work for apache, I will have to dig a little more on this

Edited once, last by aseques ().