Errors migrating from ispcp 1.0.7

• hi folks,

i got some problems migrating to imscp 1.0.3.0 stable.

following scenario:

- updated ispcp from 1.0.3 to 1.0.7 (small steps, every version in between).
    - when updated to 1.0.7 apache2 doesn't serve php-Files.
    - tried to follow the WIKI-entry and migrated to imscp 1.0.3.0

Then i got some errors:

when running ./imscp-setup

i got now some directories called "imscp" which are empty.
    To ensure that my apache2 continues serving i reuploaded the old ispcp-config files into /etc/apache2 and /etc/postfix. And started all services by hand.

But then still no php-Files were served so i installed libapache2-mod-php5.
    Now everything "works".

That is - of course - not the way it should be.
    How should I act now, to get the wanted result and a running imscp?

I am running on Debian 6.0.7 if it is important for you.

Thanks for your help,
    rurcoasteagle

• at first, please remove imscp. Then try to install imscp stable (1.0.3.0) and migrate with this version. After that you can simply upgrade to the latest master.
    Maybe there's a problem with the migration script for the current master, because another user had similar problems.Then please post your result.

• Thanks for the fast reply.

After the first try with the github-version crashed (because of some config-file-conflicts) I canceled with CTRL+C. Then I tried with the stable version where I get to this error.

So, if I understand you correctly I have to remove I-mscp, then roll back to an backed-up version of ispcp, and reinstall i-mscp stable?

What steps do I need to follow to ensure a correct unintstallation of i-mscp?
    And which files are important for the rollback to ispcp (think that i don't need every single file?)

Greetings,
    rurcoastagle

• yes sure, at first uninstall imscp:
    http://wiki.i-mscp.net/doku.php?id=start:uninstall

Then restore the databasestructure of ispcp, the /etc/ispcp/ folder
    Also i recommend to restore the /var/www/, /var/mail/.. folders, but I think this folders aren't important, because imscp is not changing them (I hope that's true :D)

After that try to migrate with the current stable (1.0.3.0)

Otherwise maybe you can contact an developer to have a look into the migrationscript.

• I think there's a little Problem.
    A Backup of all files is available. But I didn't mind to backup the Database.
    How big is the Problem, how many changes have been made between ispcp-database and i-mscp-database?

And when I reinstall / migrate to i-mscp which apache-variant should I choose?
    Is there a page with pros and cons of each version?

Sorry for the long delay. I wish time would grow on trees ;)

• If you have an existing ispcp database structure, you do not need to respore your old dump. Otherwise it is important, because imscp have change some little things. But you can also try to downgrade the structure or change the update/migration scripts.

I have found a thread in this forum (German + English answer), but a table with all the advantages and disadvantages I haven't found.
    http://forum.i-mscp.net/Thread…ITK-bzw-Vor-und-Nachteile

• The Database is still named ispcp, but I think there's the new layout in there.

There I will try to change the migration-script to leave out the database-changes.

The thread you linked gives up one more question. In past the user's php-files created other files owned by a vu200X. At the momentary configuration (that should be changed of course) the process can't access these files, so i get an error.

Which of these Methods is using the vu200X-rights? Both?

• You have to know that before migration, otherwise you get more errors then before. Are the passwords hashed in the database? Another question of mine, are you using ispcp or imscp at the moment?

• at the moment none of them is correctly working.

passwords in Table mail_users (for example) are not hashed.
    currently i'm trying to fix all errors. - didn't mind that the uninstall removes all data.
    so i'm rolling back to the last snapshot.

• Hello ;

If you can restore you i-MSCP snapshot, I can help you to migrate to i-MSCP. Just install teamviewer on your desktop and send me a PM

Thanks you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206