LetsEncrypt - SSL certificate is not valid

• Thanks Kess, looks good to me!

I did several tests this morning (snap certbot) with your OpenSSL.pm patch:

- Create, renew, revoke and restore works for all LE Certificates

- Installing purchased certificates works

- it survives an i-mscp reconfiguration (setup) no errors occurred

- even after the reconfiguration everything works as above (create, renew, revoke, restore incl. edit and save purchased certificates)

so everything should work!

• Hi Kess, Hi Fulltilt,

I've been dealing with this issue for a while taking info from this forum, thanks to everybody for the advice.

I've been using i-MSCP for a while but know almost nothing about its coding, let alone modifying it. So I'd like to clarify a bit.

My setup: Debian 9 + i-MSCP 1.5.3 2018120800

1/ Do I still need the snapd solution from Kess before applying this latest fix?
    Edit: I've re-read and think I still need to do the snaps solution first.

2/ I found that the line number in the latest code match /var/www/imscp/engine/PerlLib/iMSCP/OpenSSL.pm from the maintenance branch not the stable release.

Does this mean I should replace just the OpenSSL.pm file with the maintenance brand (plus the code) or do I need other files (which ones) too?

3/ There're some extra lines above and below the #BEBIN and #END: tag. Do I need to keep them?

Sorry if my questions sound a bit stupid, I just want to be sure. This issue has given me a lot of headaches recently.

Thank you,
    Tony.

Edited 3 times, last by Tonezzz ().

• Many thanks fulltilt,

I've already done the Snap Certbot earlier so I've just applied the latest LE plugin. Earlier I had to revoke and create to make the certificate works again but this time after rebooting the server, it just works, the browser doesn't give a warning anymore.

Now I can only wait and see if it'll still be good tomorrow morning. (I'm in Thailand and it's 22:22pm right now).

Edit: 14-Feb-2022 09:53am Still working well.

Thanks again.

Cheers,

Tony.

Edited once, last by Tonezzz ().

• After following your solution I can't create any Certificates anymore:

Code
    1. Some challenges have failed. at /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/backend/LetsEncrypt.pm line 834.cd /

The letsencrypt Log:

But the domain exist and till I changed the config of my system I could create and recreate certificates

• I followed step by step your HowTo.
    Did it today again and still the same.

You are not using the correct certbot version... Please follow what I wrote and use certbot with snapd