Of all the fixes, this is the only one that worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04 with php7.1 (i-MSCP 1.5.3 Build: 2018120800).
there you can find the solution I've adopted in order to get the systems working with every type of certificate (self signed, from CA or Let's Encrypt)
I didn't change absolutely nothing in the code of i-MSCP, everything is original.
The following has been tested ONLY on Debian Stretch x64, with a standard i-MSCP installation. No strange things.
1. Integrate the new LE CAs in your system:Code
- mkdir /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt
- curl --insecure -Lo /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt/isrgrootx1.crt https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrgrootx1.pem
- curl --insecure -Lo /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt/isrg-root-x2.crt https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrg-root-x2.pem
- curl --insecure -Lo /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt/isrg-root-x1-cross-signed.crt https://letsencrypt.org/certs/isrg-root-x1-cross-signed.pem
- curl --insecure -Lo /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt/lets-encrypt-r3.crt https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-r3.pem
- curl --insecure -Lo /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt/lets-encrypt-r3-cross-signed.crt https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-r3-cross-signed.pem
- curl --insecure -Lo /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt/lets-encrypt-r4.crt https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-r4.pem
- curl --insecure -Lo /usr/share/ca-certificates/letsencrypt/lets-encrypt-e2.crt https://letsencrypt.org/certs/lets-encrypt-e2.pem
- dpkg-reconfigure ca-certificates
Here a Dialog appears.
- In the first dialog choose "yes"
- In the second select your new 7 CA certificates to import and then click OK
The result should be as follows:
2. Remove any previous certbot versions:
3. Install the new and supported certbot version
4. Optional, but recommended, edit the file /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/config.php and update the section as follows:
Save and close;
5. Remove previous symlinks that could still exist, we'll fix them in next steps:
6. HIT THE "UPDATE PLUGINS" BUTTON here: https://your.server.panel:1234/admin/settings_plugins.php
If everything goes well, the LE Plugin will reconfigure.
7. Now it's time to fix the symlinks:
8. Now a little check:
9. And the final check:
Now your system will have:
- The new CA from LE that it didn't have before
- The new supported version of certbot that knows the new chains
I tested the procedure on more boxes and it works for certificates creation and for certificates revocations. I don't know if it works for renewals. Please test it and kindly report back.
Hope it helps,