Letsencrypt does not update admin panel cert.

• Latest Release: 1.5.3 (2018120800)

New trouble with Letsencrypt. All standard domains are working well with Letsencrypt. But my admin panel does not:

After a manualy run of (as root)

perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/cron/renew.pl -dv

I cant login anymore to it. So i opened the database by shell.

select * from letsencrypt WHERE DOMAIN_NAME = 'admin.web4you-server-02.web4you-gmbh.ch';

tells me:

Challenge failed for domain admin.web4you-server-02.web4you-gmbh.ch

Some challenges have failed. at /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/LetsEncrypt/backend/LetsEncrypt.pm line 834.

Letsencrypt_status is on "torenew"

Line 834 is:

: execute( [ $self->{'config'}->{'certbot_path'}, @certbotParams ], \$stdout, \$stderr ) == 0 or die( $stderr || $stdout );

Any hint?

I-MSCP 1.5.3 - Debian 9 Stretch

• In /var/log/letsencrypt you can probably find more about the error.

If not, update letsencrypt client with apt and then in the table imscp.letsencrypt set the column letsencrypt_status to 'ok' and column letsencrypt_previous_status to NULL and retry renew from panel. Report back.

• After manual run

certbot renew

i got a new cert in /etc/letsencrypt/live/

checked with

openssl x509 -noout -text -in /etc/letsencrypt/live/admin.web4you-server-02.web4you-gmbh.ch/cert.pem

and this is valid till nov 23 but a check on ssl-trust.com is still showing my old cert.

I-MSCP 1.5.3 - Debian 9 Stretch

• because you manually renewed only the cert, so the plugin has not updated the webserver vhost files and its own database entries. set the database entries as i said above and rerun renew via panel. letsencrypt won't issue a new cert in that case, but the plugin will update all needed configs.

• FloRet88

Closed the thread.
  • FloRet88

Added the Label solved