Setup PRT record for domains

• H guysi,

I'm getting some 554-bad PRT record errors in my /var/log/mail.log. It's complaining no reverse DNS is setup, which is true. How can I add a PRT record to my hosted domains?

Thanks,

Rob

• I doubt that you have your AS number with your own assigned IP addresses. BTW not with i-MSCP.

The PTR records must be edited by the datacenter support or, if you have one, with your management panel within the datacenter.

• I doubt that you have your AS number with your own assigned IP addresses. BTW not with i-MSCP.

The PTR records must be edited by the datacenter support or, if you have one, with your management panel within the datacenter.

Do you mean my ISP who supplies my static IP address needs to do this?

• Do you mean my ISP who supplies my static IP address needs to do this?

For sure.

You probably have a control panel for such stuff, I have most of my machines with hetzner, there I could tell you the way to the setting.

But I guess googling for "reverse DNS <myprovider>" should tell you the right way …

• For sure.

You probably have a control panel for such stuff, I have most of my machines with hetzner, there I could tell you the way to the setting.

But I guess googling for "reverse DNS <myprovider>" should tell you the right way …

Ok, thanks I'll take it up with them.