PHPSwitcher 5.0.5 - Compiler error

• Hi all,

I've a new vanilla setup based on debian 9 and imscp 1.5.3, all the setup went straightforward! Now I've a small problem compiling php version for the phpswitcher plugin. I'm thinking that the problem is caused by my LVM setup with these mount point:

then, when I launch the php_compiler.pl:

Code
    1. root@peta:/var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler# perl php_compiler.pl --zts --packaged --register 7.2

it stops with this error:

So i edited the file adding the creation of /usr/sbin on line 473

Code
    1. else
    2. log.i "installing dummy policy-rc.d"
    3. mkdir -p "$BUILDPLACE/usr/sbin/"
    4. echo "\

and now it stop suddenly after complaining about /tmp. The same thing happens with packaged versions and with every versions php (7.2, 7.3, ...)

Do you have any idea?

thank you in advance!

• Humm, after a quick search on the forum which took me like 1 minute:

phpSwitcher 5.0.3 installs - but compile of php 5.3.29 fails

I think this is what you are looking for.

Thanks Athar, in this case google was not my friend. sorry for that. In any case my server is NOT a container, and compiling it with chroot it complains about something else missing. I did not go throgh debugging that version of compiling because on all my other servers it works normally.

• Good morning,

Instead of executing it as follows:

Code
    1. root@peta:/var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler# perl php_compiler.pl --zts --packaged --register 7.3

Try to execute it as follows:

Code
    1. root@peta:# cd /usr/local/src
    2. root@peta:# perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl --zts --packaged --register 7.3

There is a path issue when executing the script through its root directory. This issue to be fixed. This issue has been reported to us by mikerhyner (konzeptplus).

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Try to execute it as follows:

Code
    1. root@peta:# cd /usr/local/src
    2. root@peta:# perl /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/php_compiler.pl --zts --packaged --register 7.3

Thank you very much! so easy but I was not able to understand it looking at the error messages :(

Thanks again! It works!

• FloRet88

Closed the thread.