Error Compiling PHP Versions for PHP Switcher

• I upgraded mei Webhost to Debian 9.8 Stretch. Everything works fine except the PHPSwitcher because i need to recompile the php versions.

I tried to compile like shown in the tutorial with the command e.g.:

Code
    1. perl php_compiler.pl 5.6

But i always get following error:

Code
    1. /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/PhpSwitcher/PhpCompiler/Makefile:368: die Regel für Ziel „configure-5.6-stamp“ scheiterte
    2. [ERROR] main: An unexpected error occurred: An error occurred while executing the install MAKE(1) target for php-5.6.32: aclocal: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not 'configure.in'
    3. configure: WARNING: This bison version is not supported for regeneration of the Zend/PHP parsers (found: 3.0, min: 204, excluded: 3.0).
    4. ../configure: line 5439: test: too many arguments
    5. configure: error: Unable to detect ICU prefix or no failed. Please verify ICU install prefix and make sure icu-config works.
    6. make: *** [configure-5.6-stamp] Fehler 1

I am using Debian 9 Stretch with i-mscp 1.5.3 and PHPSwitcher Version 4.0.3 (Build 2017111000)

Thanks in advance

• Good evening,

This is because they have removed the icu-config executable in latest libicu-dev package (as provided by Ondrey Sury repository).

Please do the following:

Create the following APT preferences file: /etc/apt/preferences.d/phpswitcher

with the following content:

Code
    1. Package: libicu-dev icu-devtools
    2. Pin: release o=debian
    3. Pin-Priority: 1002

Once done, execute apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade. This should downgrade the relevant packages. Then, once the packages were downgraded, retry.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label solved
  • Nuxwin

Closed the thread.
  • Thanks Nuxwin it worked like a charm! Thanks for the great support!

You're welcome.

Thread closed.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206