extension of the list of accepted types of dns entries

• Currently, i-mscp allows you to add manual entries of type A, AAAA, SRV, CNAME, MX, NS, SPF, TXT.

Would it be possible to extend this list with, for example, necessary to run DNSSEC and add, among others, such as DS, RRSIG, DNSKEY?

Possibly some type generator where would the permissible parameters of the entry type be configured?

• Good evening,

The DNS security extension (DNSSEC) require more than those DNS rr to work... We need also add some named configuration options such as

Code
    1. dnssec-enable yes;
    2. dnssec-validation yes;
    3. dnssec-lookaside auto;
    4. ...

and we need also create create a signing key pairs for each zone...

Well, for the next version, I can add the DNS record types (DNSKEY, RRSIG, DS) but I'll not provide an automatic setup yet. This is too much work for next version.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Nuxwin

Added the Label to be implemented
  • I agree with you that you need more than the records themselves in the dns zone, but it is enough to not add them manually so that they do not overwrite us. Just running the rest of the "finger" is no longer so bothersome.

I am also very happy with your acceptance and I understand that there are more things to do that are more important :) Thank You :)

I just see that you will need to bind a little script to automagically sign zone files.

Edited once, last by waldekfras ().