Migrate courier to Dovecot

• I'm in the process of testing my migration from ISPCP to iMSCP. I want to use DOVECOT for quota control.

Is is better to migrate courier to dovecot on my ISPCP install before migrating to iMSCP? Or should I migrate to iMSCP first then migrate to dovecot?

Thanks,
    Rob
    [hr]
    I notice you can run perl imscp-autoinstall --reconfigure on the iMSCP install. Does this mean it will migrate all the courier mailboxes over to dovecot?

Edited once, last by robbo007 ().

• Hello ;

First, migrate to i-MSCP and after do the following:

1. If you migrate to i-MSCP last released version (1.1.0-rc1.4):

Code
    1. # perl imscp-autoinstall -dr

--> d shortcut for the --debug option
    --> r shortcut for the --reconfigure option

2. If you migrate to last Git Master (recommend)

Code
    1. # perl imscp-autoinstall -dr po

--> d shortcut for the --debug option
    --> r shortcut for the --reconfigure option with 'po' as argument to be asked only about imap/pop servers.

Thank you for using i-MSCP

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• Is the script for the folderproblem now included in master? Because then I will also migrate to dovecot :)

• Is the script for the folderproblem now included in master? Because then I will also migrate to dovecot :)

No yet ;) I'll warn you here when it's ok. I was really busy these last days. I'll commit all that tomorrow. ;)

Thank for using i-MSCP.

• Whats the folder problem? Anything that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
    Rob

Hello ;

For now, any subscribed folders, excepted those that are created by defaults are removed from the subscription file when you update. I've a fix for that and I'll include it in master ASAP.

Thank for using i-MSCP.

Edited once, last by Nuxwin ().

• ups.. I think I'll hold off my migration until its included in the master git build. Please keep us informed.

Thanks,
    Rob

Hello ;

For now, any subscribed folders, excepted those that are created by defaults are removed from the subscription file when you update. I've a fix for that and I'll include it in master ASAP.

Thank for using i-MSCP.

• Great, just let me know :))

Hello ;

The fix is now in master. ;)

Thanks you for using i-MSCP.

• Thanks, but after migrating from Courier to dovecot I cannot access to my emailaccounts via Thunderbird and roundcube. I always get a timeout error. How can I fix it?
    [hr]
    restarting dovecot I get following error:

Code
    1. /etc/init.d/dovecot restartRestarting IMAP/POP3 mail server: dovecotIf you have trouble with authentication failures,enable auth_debug setting. See http://wiki.dovecot.org/WhyDoesItNotWorkThis message goes away after the first successful login.Fatal: listen(0.0.0.0, 143) failed: Address already in use failed!

via lsoft + netstat it should work fine..

Code
    1. root@srv01:/etc/dovecot# lsof -i 4:143COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAMEimap-logi 28579 dovecot 4u IPv4 10965530 0t0 TCP *:imap2 (LISTEN)

Code
    1. root@srv01:/etc/dovecot# netstat -lnp | grep :143
    2. tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:143 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 28579/imap-login

Edited once, last by mafioso ().