Upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 fails

• Package Installation fails with this error:

Code
    1. ...php5.6-curl is already the newest version.php5.6-fpm is already the newest version.php5.6-gd is already the newest version.php5.6-gmp is already the newest version.php5.6-imap is already the newest version.php5.6-intl is already the newest version.php5.6-json is already the newest version.php5.6-mbstring is already the newest version.php5.6-mcrypt is already the newest version.php5.6-mysql is already the newest version.php5.6-opcache is already the newest version.php5.6-pspell is already the newest version.php5.6-xml is already the newest version.php5.6-zip is already the newest version.nginx-full is already the newest version.Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you haverequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstabledistribution that some required packages have not yet been createdor been moved out of Incoming.The following information may help to resolve the situation:The following packages have unmet dependencies: libssl-dev : Depends: libssl1.0.0 (= 1.0.1t-1+deb8u8) but 1.0.2l-1~bpo8+1 is to be installedE: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.[ERROR] autoinstaller::Functions::build: An error occurred while performing build steps

Installed libssl-dev from backports but i think the package pinning depends on the version from stable as i have seen in a commit on github..

After that i removed /etc/apt/preferences.de/mailman..

Then i had to install cpan integer..

Than it failed with this error:

• Cleanup your system. As an administrator you should be able to fix such APT dependency problem.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Thank you.

Got it sorted out. First i had to manual downgrade to libssl-1.0.0, then remove perl-modules and nearly all perl stuff.. mysql-server.. etc

Then i was able to run installer without errors.

Strange situation and for a "normal" user "the end".

I am experiencedwith those things but such a situation should not happen with just a "plugin" that was activated.

• Got it sorted out. First i had to manual downgrade to libssl-1.0.0, then remove perl-modules and nearly all perl stuff.. mysql-server.. etc

You shouldn't have to remove any Perl package not MySQL package unless you have done something really strange on the server...

• I only installed the mailman plugin. This set a strange package pinning and sources.list (mix of jessie and stretch) which of course installed some not matching packages. Thats it. I myself surely did not anything strange in that direction.

But no Problem. I got it. Works again and everything is cool again. Keep on.

• I only installed the mailman plugin. This set a strange package pinning and sources.list (mix of jessie and stretch) which of course installed some not matching packages. Thats it. I myself surely did not anything strange in that direction.

There are pinning for mailman plugin to fullfit requirements but those shouldn't break i-MSCP update unless a dependency has changed somewhere...

pinning.png

I'll check the behavior. You're under Debian Jessie, right?

• Yes Sure Debian Jessie.

What i can say that imscp reconfiguration worked some weeks ago, So there seems to have something changed with the package dependencies.
    I know that you did not change but something changed so it broke.

• @Tom-i

The most important is that you've figured out... The mailman plugin is giving me some headaches with old distributions such as Debian Jessie due to requirements.... I'll review it as soon as possible. I hope that you understand my timing issues...

• No problem. I know that package pinning is great but often breaks after a while cause of changed dependencies, updated dependencies, missing dependencies.. and so on ^^
    Take your time to sort out. But i think i will not be the only one with problem in this case..
    Thanks for holding hand and taking time..

• @Nuxwin can you give me a hint how to get this to work? I am also still on jessie, using mailman plugin and I need to install imagick, which needs php5-dev, which needs libssl, but the apt pinning in mailman plugin makes it impossible for me to install php5-dev

I fiddled around with /etc/apt/preferences.d/imscp_mailman_plugin and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/imscp-mailman-plugin.list, that's why apt-cache policy libssl-dev shows *** on 1.0.1t-1, maybe you got an idea what to do?

Thanks

Babak