Cannot receive email - User unknown in local recipient table

• I had a previous post regarding email that turned out to be because my ports were blocked by the vps host.

However that is fixed and I can now send email from imscp webmail.

But I cannot receive email on it. I have a user [email protected] and when I try sending email from Gmail or Hotmail to this recipient, the email gets rejected with the message "Delivery to following recipient failed [email protected]. User unknown in local recipient table"

On Debian squeeze
    imscp 1.1.0-rc1.4

Mail logs attached

EDIT: The issue has been solved and the solution is here.

Files

• mail.err.txt

(1.66 kB, downloaded 79 times, last: )
    • mail.info.txt

(355.61 kB, downloaded 25 times, last: )
    • mail.warn.txt

(37.75 kB, downloaded 29 times, last: )
    • mail.log.txt

(372.18 kB, downloaded 22 times, last: )

Edited once, last by dzchimp ().

• how about to set Reverse MX A records (PTR)

Are'nt PTR records important when mail is originating from one's server. Is it useful when one has an issue of non receipt of emails?

What exactly is this local recipient table that the servers are complaining of?

If you think it might help, I'll add PTR records too.

- Swyped from my Galaxy Note 2

Edited once, last by dzchimp ().

• The local recipient table is the database where all mail accounts are stored. And somehow your address is not in there. Try to recreate the mail account through imscp and if it doesn't work maybe the whole domain.

Can you send mail to postmaster@ and webmaster@?

• The local recipient table is the database where all mail accounts are stored. And somehow your address is not in there. Try to recreate the mail account through imscp and if it doesn't work maybe the whole domain.

Can you send mail to postmaster@ and webmaster@?

Even [email protected] doesnt deliver. I just reinstalled the vps with fresh debian and i-mscp.

Maybe it's my MX records?

My VPS hostname is r2d2.joel.co.in

• postfix/smtpd[2675]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mail-wg0-f44.google.com[74.125.82.44]: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail-wg0-f44.google.com>

Why do you use a relay SMTP ?
    domain from = eyrie.in
    smtp = google.com

quick test -> send a email from a local acount TO local account => if it works local database is OK

Do you use POSTFIX as a MTA ?

PTR is config ?

Code
    1. ~# nslookup 50.7.228.37Server: 127.0.0.1Address: 127.0.0.1#53** server can't find 37.228.7.50.in-addr.arpa.: NXDOMAIN

i have test to send you an email i have this error :

Code
    1. vm1 postfix/smtp[13418]: connect to r2d2.joel.co.in[50.7.228.37]:25: Connection refused

Debian 6 with proxmox 2 - OpenVZ - KVM
    I-mscp 1.0.3.0 migrate from ispcp 1.0.7
    dovecot + zarafa + z-push + maia mail guard + apacheITK

Edited once, last by krok ().

• Why do you use a relay SMTP ?
    domain from = eyrie.in
    smtp = google.com

Google Mailservers are responsible for mail so I think this shouldn't be the problem...

Now the server seems completly down....

Post the new logfiles as soon as the server is up again ;)

• Google Mailservers are responsible for mail so I think this shouldn't be the problem...

Now the server seems completly down....

Post the new logfiles as soon as the server is up again ;)

Yes I use Google apps for eyrie.in email.

Server is back up. I have reinstalled Debian on the vps, newly installed the same version of imscp and set up new email address with the same name.

Now, even though I cant send mail from server as previously, in addition my smtp service too is reported as "Down" and I'm not sure why. According to the vps provider they've removed all blocks on my ips.

How can I turn smtp on? And what may be going on with my email? Latest logs attached

Files

• mail.err.txt

(192 Byte, downloaded 26 times, last: )
    • mail.info.txt

(6.81 kB, downloaded 37 times, last: )
    • mail.log.txt

(8.23 kB, downloaded 45 times, last: )
    • mail.warn.txt

(976 Byte, downloaded 28 times, last: )
  • Code
    1. postfix/master[3621]: fatal: bind 0.0.0.0 port 25: Address already in use

another MTA is installed ?

#netstat -lpn | grep 25

Debian 6 with proxmox 2 - OpenVZ - KVM
    I-mscp 1.0.3.0 migrate from ispcp 1.0.7
    dovecot + zarafa + z-push + maia mail guard + apacheITK

Edited once, last by krok ().

• Code
    1. postfix/master[3621]: fatal: bind 0.0.0.0 port 25: Address already in use

another MTA is installed ?

#netstat -lpn | grep 25

such as sendmail :D

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206