Question about php-switcher and php-fpm

• Hi,

I am considering to purchase the php-switcher plugin. What I can't really understand is the impact on the php-fpm, when changing the php version to a different version for one site. Will there then be a separate fpm/conf.d/ folder for that php version, and the concerned site?

And will an already established listener file still work with a different php version, for the same site, while other sites listed in that file are on a different php version? Or are there different versions of listener files, depending on the php version in use?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I couldn't find an answer to this when searching the forums.

Cheers
    Chris

• Hi Chris,

Quote from technotravel

Will there then be a separate fpm/conf.d/ folder for that php version, and the concerned site?

Yes, there will be a separate conf file for every php version and site located here:

Shell-Script
    1. /opt/phpswitcher/yyyymmdd/php${version}/etc/php-fpm.d/

Quote from technotravel

And will an already established listener file still work with a different php version, for the same site, while other sites listed in that file are on a different php version? Or are there different versions of listener files, depending on the php version in use?

Yes, an already established listener file will work, independent of the php version of the site. You don't have to create a separate listener file for every php version.

Cheers,
    Fluser