Lets Encrypt plugin > Unable to register an account with ACME server

• Hello,

installing the plugin worked fine, when trying to create/erstellen it is giving me the message:

"Unable to register an account with ACME server"

Both on panel and on any of the domains.

What could be the reasons for this and how can I fix it?

Thank you for your help!

EDIT:

• Your Distribution and its codename (Debian Jessie)
    • The i-MSCP version in use (1.5.1)
    • The i-MSCP server implementation in use for the concerned service (for instance: ITK, Fcgid, PHP-FPM, Proftpd, Vsftpd ...) ?
    • The plugin name and its version if your problem belongs to a plugin (Lets Encrypt Plugin, newest version)
    • A understandable description of the problem (see above)
    • The service logs (generally located under /var/log) if any
    • The exact steps to reproduce the problem (see above)
  • The service logs (generally located under /var/log) if any

So? content from /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log is? Also, show us the email you have set in your imscp.conf file.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• How do I get there?

?( You do not have ssh (root access) to your server???

• @BerndBonker

We cannot say anything without having access to letsencrypt.log file. But, generally speaking, if the email you have used while installing i-MSCP is not a valid recipient, you can end with such a problem. That email is saved in the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf file.

Once again, without the logs from letsencrypt.log, we cannot help much.

You should ask us for online support when you'll have access to your server, not before.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Okay, that could be possible, since I didn't install i-MSCP it was installed by the company we rent the server.
    I will get back to you tomorrow then, merci!

• It was the email address in the config file, there was just a placeholder, we changed it and now it works fine.

Thank you!

Do we have to change something in our email accounts if we also activate SSL for the services?

• It was the email address in the config file, there was just a placeholder, we changed it and now it works fine.

Thank you!

Please, give me the name of your provider. I would want enter in contact with him regarding that issue. The provisioning of a server with i-MSCP preinstalled without providing a correct parameters can lead to several issues... At least please, forward this issue by providing him with a link to this thread.

Do we have to change something in our email accounts if we also activate SSL for the services?

No but your clients will have to use your server hostname for SMTP, IMAP/POP connection through their client, else, there will be a missmatch with name and the certificate will be reported as not valid.