Letsencrypt 3.3.0 can't be deleted nor activated

• I got some Mails that my ssl certificate is going to be invalid.
    When I go to the domain asking me to show me the SSL cerificate, the panel tells me that there is another process fetching this action. rebooting the server does not help.

so I disabled the plugin, restartet again an wantet to enable it again.

I got an unexpected error with the follwing details:

Code
    1. Plugin::LetsEncrypt::enable: Error: couldn't get currently installed version for /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/bin/letsencrypt", line 7, in from certbot.main import main File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/main.py", line 9, in from acme import jose File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/acme/jose/__init__.py", line 37, in from acme.jose.interfaces import JSONDeSerializable File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/acme/jose/interfaces.py", line 9, in from acme.jose import util File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/acme/jose/util.py", line 5, in import OpenSSL File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in from OpenSSL import rand, crypto, SSL File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/rand.py", line 12, in from OpenSSL._util import ( File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 6, in from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding File "/root/.local/share/letsencrypt/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 12, in from cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl import ffi, libImportError: libssl.so.1.0.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

If I try to delete the plugin I got an "cant be deleted".

• Reporting rules - Reminder

And please, use bbcode.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Please try the following:

Shell-Script
    1. # apt-get update
    2. # apt-get dist-upgrade

Once done, retry.

If you cannot figure out alone, give us access to your server (both admin panel access and SSH root access).

• @drpaulaner

Fixed. I had to remove the /root/.local/share/letsencrypt/ directory and force a retry through plugin management interface. Problem was because the openssl library has been updated. The old letsencrypt installation was no longer able to find the shared object.

Finally, I've triggered SSL certificates renewal by changing their status through the debug interface (admin level). All seem to be ok now.