unable to reconfigure with 10_backup_storage_outsourcing.pl

• Hello,

I wanted to add the listener file 10_backup_storage_outsourcing.pl but after adding it I was unable to run the reconfiguration as told (here). The message I got is a littl bit strange because it first says "successfully installed/updated" and directly after that is the error message:

Command: perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -danv

Code
    1. ...
    2. [DONE] i-MSCP has been successfully installed/updated.
    3. [ERROR] main::setupDbTasks: Unknown error at /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/../PerlLib/iMSCP/DbTasksProcessor.pm line 481.
    4. ...propagated at /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/../PerlLib/iMSCP/DbTasksProcessor.pm line 487.

If I remove the script I can recompile as usual without any troubles. Can you check this and tell me if I am doing something wrong? I also tried a lot of paths and already set all of them to chmod 777 to avoid permission problems:

• /webdav (mounted using davfs2)
    • /backup (local folder)
    • /backup/test (tried subfolder too)

(In detail I want to change the backups to a mounted webdav folder. It is not as fast as an hdd but this should have no side effects for the backup process I think.)

Support information (please tell me if you need somthing more):
    I-MSCP: 1.4.7 (Zimmer) - Build 20170710 with fix: https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…07e05349b2a1db504242b7197

Additional listeners:

• 10_apache2_dualstack.pl
    • 40_apache2_security_headers.pl
    • 40_dovecot_pfs.pl
  • Can you check this and tell me if I am doing something wrong? I also tried a lot of paths and already set all of them to chmod 777 to avoid permission problems:

I'll check but....

You should stop playing with permissions without further reflection. Permissions to 0777 ?(<X?(

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• This was just for testing if it is a permission problem. Not the final production environment :D

• @UncleSam

Which value did you set for the $STORAGE_ROOT_PATH configuration variable exactly in the listener file?

• the one i posted above - without ending slash like in the listener file described.

Here is the last I tried:

Code
    1. my $STORAGE_ROOT_PATH = '/backup.test';
  • my $STORAGE_ROOT_PATH = '/backup.test';

/backup.test exists and is a simple folder or a mount point?

• @Nuxwin
    It is not a mount point, it is just a simple folder. At the moment owned by root:root with chmod 0777 (as said for testing porpuse only to be sure there is no permission problem).

But in the future I plan to use it with a mounted davfs2 folder (webdav).

• @UncleSam

Ok thanks. I'll test tomorrow morning ;)

• I cannot reproduce the issue with current 1.5.x branch state.

Shell-Script
    1. root@stretch:/usr/local/src/imscp# cat /etc/imscp/mounts/mounts.conf# FSTAB(5)-like configuration file - auto-generated by i-MSCP# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE BY HAND -- YOUR CHANGES WILL BE OVERWRITTEN# Make sure that the root directory is marked as shared in regards to mount# propagation (at least for i-MSCP mounts).# We ignore failures here because such operation is prohibited in some# environments such as OpenVZnone / none shared ignore_failure/var/log/apache2/bbox.nuxwin.com /var/www/virtual/bbox.nuxwin.com/logs/bbox.nuxwin.com none bind/backup.test/bbox.nuxwin.com /var/www/virtual/bbox.nuxwin.com/backups none bind,slave

Shell-Script
    1. root@stretch:/usr/local/src/imscp# mountsysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)proc on /proc type proc (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)udev on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,nosuid,relatime,size=1014620k,nr_inodes=253655,mode=755)devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,size=205228k,mode=755)/dev/sda1 on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)pstore on /sys/fs/pstore type pstore (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls,net_prio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls,net_prio)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/pids type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,pids)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=35,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=9607)debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)hugetlbfs on /dev/hugepages type hugetlbfs (rw,relatime)mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)tmpfs on /run/user/0 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=205224k,mode=700)binfmt_misc on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw,relatime)/dev/sda1 on /var/www/virtual/bbox.nuxwin.com/logs/bbox.nuxwin.com type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)/dev/sda1 on /var/www/virtual/bbox.nuxwin.com/backups type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro,data=ordered)

Shell-Script
    1. root@stretch:/usr/local/src/imscp# tree /backup.test/backup.test└── bbox.nuxwin.com└── web-backup-bbox.nuxwin.com-2017.08.14-21-45.tar.bz21 directory, 1 fileroot@stretch:/usr/local/src/imscp#
    Shell-Script
    1. root@stretch:/usr/local/src/imscp# tree /var/www/virtual/bbox.nuxwin.com/backups/
    2. /var/www/virtual/bbox.nuxwin.com/backups/
    3. └── web-backup-bbox.nuxwin.com-2017.08.14-21-45.tar.bz2
    4. 0 directories, 1 file

I close this issue.

• @UncleSam

I can now reproduce the problem but only when adding new customer account. A fix will come soon.