LetsEncrypt and ProxyPass

• Hello,

I made some of my services available using apache 2 proxy settings to avoid direct contact to the service itselfe. For that I am using the Proxy Features from Apache 2. My config I use inside the domain config in /etc/apache2/imscp/ is e.g.:

Code
    1. ProxyPreserveHost On
    2. ProxyRequests Off
    3. ProxyVia Off
    4. ProxyPass / http://localhost:4711/
    5. ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:4711/

It seems, that LetsEncrypt has troubles to generate or update certs and I think the issue is that all traffic gets proxied and the needed files could not be accessed from LetsEncrypt servers. If that is true, it would be great to get a fix for that in one of the next releases. Maybe one solution could be to search the config for "ProxyPass" and if it is there to replace the config file during update of the cert.

Support Informatione:

• I-MSCP: 1.4.6 "Zimmer" - 20170616
    • LetsEncrypt: 3.2.1
  • @UncleSam

You are reinventing the wheel ;)

For any domain, domain alias or subdomain added in the control panel, you can do the same thing with the so-called redirect feature. The procedure is same as the one described here: The PanelRedirect plugin will be soon abandoned and therefore, no longer maintained.

That exactly what you have done manually excepted that the i-MSCP Apache2 server implementation will add the correct statement to not proxy the /.well-known/acme-challenge/ path ;)

You can enable/disable redirect feature for domains, domain aliases and subdomains on creation or by editing them if there are already created.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Ok I am sorry I had no idea this feature exist. I switched all that domains and it is working very good :) .

Thanks for your help!

• Ok I am sorry I had no idea this feature exist. I switched all that domains and it is working very good .

Thanks for your help!

You're welcome ;)
    Thread closed.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206