SpamAssassin Settings

• Hello everyone,

I want to open a thread for those who personalize SpamAssassin plugin's settings.
    The config values I found working well for my setup are,

use_bayes = no
    site_wide_bayes = no
    use_auto-whitelist = no
    use_razor2 = yes
    use_pyzor = yes
    use_dcc = yes
    use_rbl_checks = yes
    use_lang_check = no
    heinlein-support_sa-rules = no
    DecodeShortURLs = yes
    liXhash2 = yes
    markasjunk2 = yes
    reject_spam -1
    networks = we include our ip class and localhost (still, aparently I notice that it ignores this setting and mark as spam emails from the same server/domain).

It is necessary to install extra application (ex: dcc) so those settings to work.

I wonder, what other custom settings or improvements this community is using.

• @Delta04

You're talking about parameters from the plugin config.php file?

Well, you shouldn't disable Bayesian filter. Don't forget that this filter needs some time to work as expected (learning period).

networks = we include our ip class and localhost (still, aparently I notice that it ignores this setting and mark as spam emails from the same server/domain).

That is a SpamAssassin millter parameter. It is working correct for our installation. I've added our SMTP server IP and also the loopback address (127.0.0.1). Result: SpamAssassin is not involved for outgoing mail (mail sent from our server) and that what we wanted.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Indeed, it's about config.php inside SpamAssassin plugin.
    I know the learning feature of Bayesian filter. Problem is that he was learning also to block good things.

Result: SpamAssassin is not involved for outgoing email (mail sent from our server) and that what we wanted.

it's only on outgoing? I thought that by entering the IP address, messages from and to the server using this IP is not scanned/blocked by Spam Assassin.

• Problem is that he was learning also to block good things.

That why you must help him with ham ;)

See also: https://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/sa-learn.html

• it's only on outgoing? I thought that by entering the IP address, messages from and to the server using this IP is not scanned/blocked by Spam Assassin.

-i networks Ignores messages if the originating IP is in the network(s) listed. The message will be passed through without calling SpamAssassin at all. networks is a comma-separated list, where each element can be either an IP address (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn), a CIDR network (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nn), or a network/netmask pair (nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn/nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn). Multiple -i flags will append to the list. For example, if you list all your internal networks, no outgoing emails will be filtered.

See SPAMASS_MILTER(8)