Some questions on Sieve filters (Roundcube plugin and Thunderbird)

• Hello all,

these questions are not related to i-mscp in any way - I just hope to find people here who have already realised what I am trying to achieve. And I couldn't find the answers to my questions elsewhere.

So I have installed the Roundcube-plugins-plugin (:-D) and with them came the Sieve filters, very well. They actually work (mostly), but I find it a bit awkward to configure them in the web-interface of my Roundcube Webmail and looked around for another solution. I found this Thunderbird Extension Sieve, which purportedly would allow me to create or edit filters out of the Thunderbird interface. Problem is: I can't get a connection to my server, whatever I have tried as server address and authentication (the IMAP credentials of the account should be fine, no?). Has anybody succeeded in getting this to work and could give me a hint, as to the address and the credentials needed?

Further, while moving messages to a desired folder works very well with the Sieve filters, marking messages as read doesn't at all. What is the trick to achieve this?

I am trying to reduce my dependency on Google, but I already miss gmail for its ease of filtering ... And Spam combat - but that's a different subject.

Cheers
    Chris

• Hi batZen,

I don't think it would - but as you have read, I am still new to this extension. Couldn't see anything of the sorts.

Ideally, marking a message as Junk within Thunderbird should trigger the sa-learning-process - but I'm not sure whether it does or not.

Nächtle
    Chris

• For those struggling - like I did - with the problem that the Sieve filters apparently won't mark a message as read: the command to mark the message as read (or any other marks) must be the first in the sequence, before the command to move the msg to another folder. Then it works.

Happy filtering all!
    Chris

• @technotravel

You could maybe provide the community with a small howto based upon your experience ;) We would then add it in documentation section.

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206