Support information

• Hello,

to provide you all the needed support information you need it would be great to have something like a "generate support information" button in the panel which generates a forum text (something like a spoiler or so) with all information like:

• Operating system
    • I-MSCP version, codename
    • Plugins (installed, activated)
    • ITK, Fcgid, PHP-FPM
    • Services used

And maybe somthing like a post-template each user has only to fill like:

• Environment details (with the information above)
    • Productt / Plugin / Part which is causing the troubles
    • Description of the problem
    • How to reproduce it
    • Logfiles
  • @UncleSam

Good idea. Problem: If the panel is down, you cannot click on that button. Think of a problem involving imscp_panel service itself...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hello,

i think UncleSam would like to include it here in the forum not in the imscp panel! ;-)

Best regards.

Support Infos: I-MSCP Version: 1.5.x / Distro: Debian Stretch / PHP: 7.1.27 - FPM / I-MSCP Plugins: Let´s Encrypt + PHPSwitcher (latest Versions)

• to provide you all the needed support information you need it would be great to have something like a "generate support information" button in the panel which generates a forum text (something like a spoiler or so) with all information like:

"button in the panel" ...

• Hello,

i think UncleSam would like to include it here in the forum not in the imscp panel! ;-)

Best regards.

No I would love to have it inside the I-MSCP panel - because the panel has all information which are needed for a fast support ticket.

• @UncleSam

Good idea. Problem: If the panel is down, you cannot click on that button. Think of a problem involving imscp_panel service itself...

For this scenareo you could deploy some global binary on installation/update which is printing the information using commandline (as far as possible) e.g. /usr/bin/imscp_support_information or /usr/sbin/imscp_support_information

(It could search for I-MSCP config, connect to mysql/mariadb/... and gather all information about i-mscp there. And of course write output of service --version commands :-))
    (You could then also gather the last X log entries of some dependend log files and include them :-) )
    (If this solution should be safe in any way maybe you should not gather the information using service connection - what if the service is unable to start?)

• @theemstra

The point there is: how the user would be able to generate (get) the info if the panel is down due to a bug :D

• @theemstra

Dedicated script or a simple option added to both imscp-autoinstall and imscp-reconfigure script?