unix:/opendkim/opendkim.sock: No such file or directory

• IMSCP 1.3.7
    Debian 8

is there a bug in opendkim?
    Mails are not signed > DKIM check: neutral

Code
    1. warning: connect to Milter service unix:/opendkim/opendkim.sock: No such file or directory
    Code
    1. ls -l /var/run/opendkimtotal 4-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5 Nov 3 17:59 opendkim.pidls -l /var/spool/postfix/opendkimtotal 0

Here's is a quick fix for opendkim ;-)

Edited 2 times, last by fulltilt ().

• Your fix is probably a temporary solution. On the next update you maybe have the same problem.

What are your values for OpenDKIM_Socket and PostfixMilterSocket in the /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/OpenDKIM/config.php file?

This is the default and should work without problems:

Code
    1. 'OpenDKIM_Socket' => 'local:/var/spool/postfix/opendkim/opendkim.sock',
    2. 'PostfixMilterSocket' => 'unix:/opendkim/opendkim.sock',
  • @fulltilt

Don't take the following words in bad way but it seem that you have problems with almost everything regarding i-MSCP. I really start to think that the problems are on the side of the man behind the computer.

You're known for updating i-MSCP with your feet (you don't follow the standard way and I even doubt that you read the errata notes). You should really stick to our instructions for updating your systems, avoiding to edit any code, this, even if from your side, you think that you can play with PHP and Perl.

Last night, I did two big updates for two customers (from i-MSCP 1.2.x to 1.3.x), and they also use the OpenDKIM plugin. No such problem has been encountered.

For sure, i-MSCP and the plugins are not free of any bugs but when I read all your threads, I'm a bit irritated.

BTW: The bug you mention has been fixed in latest OpenDKIM plugin version. See https://youtrack.i-mscp.net/issue/IP-1643

@mrpink Can you check (again) that with latest version of OpenDKIM plugin, DKIM signature is added as expected? For me it ok but...

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• @mrpink

Thank you for confirming me that all is working as expected ;)

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• see debian wiki
    https://wiki.debian.org/opendkim

It only affects the main.cf

Code
    1. non_smtpd_milters = unix:/opendkim/opendkim.socksmtpd_milters = unix:/opendkim/opendkim.sock

I've tested with two different systems for both I had to change to inet socket in main.cf
    Distributor ID: Debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 8.6 (jessie)
    Release: 8.6
    Codename: jessie

@mrpink

Code
    1. /var/www/imscp/gui/plugins/OpenDKIM/config.php
    2. 'OpenDKIM_Socket' => 'local:/var/spool/postfix/opendkim/opendkim.sock',
    3. PostfixMilterSocket' => 'unix:/opendkim/opendkim.sock',
  • The output of /etc/default/opendkim please.

cat /etc/default/opendkim

• The output of /etc/default/opendkim please.

cat /etc/default/opendkim

• The reason why it is not working, is the double entry for the SOCKET in your file.

Do you want to configure all manually, then remove the OpenDKIM plugin.
    Or use the plugin and then configure the options in the config.php of the plugin.

You have no idea at all how the i-MSCP plugins work, right?