migration error

• V-Box testing environment - i-MSCP 1.1.1 migration to i-MSCP 1.3.1

i-MSCP 1.1.1
    Build: 20140216

migration fails (manually & auto mode)

Code
    1. [ERROR] Package::Webmail::Roundcube::Installer::_updateDatabase: ERROR: [1050] Table 'cache_shared' already exists (SQL Query: CREATE TABLE `cache_shared` (
    2. `cache_key` varchar(255) /*!40101 CHARACTER SET ascii COLLATE ascii_general_ci */ NOT NULL,
    3. `created` datetime NOT NULL DEFAULT '1000-01-01 00:00:00',
    4. `data` longtext NOT NULL,
    5. INDEX `created_index` (`created`),
    6. INDEX `cache_key_index` (`cache_key`)
    7. ) /*!40000 ENGINE=INNODB */ /*!40101 CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci */)Error 500: Error in DDL upgrade 2013052500: [1050] Table 'cache_shared' already exists

also the passwords for services are no longer accepted with special character f.ex. + - #
    the imscp_user should have a secure password, because of his mysql privileges ...

Edited 2 times, last by fulltilt ().

• some more details ...
    it seems the script database varibale is not in use or missing, because my database is named "ispcp" and the ispcp > roundcube database does not have a cache_shared table

Edited once, last by fulltilt ().

• Why you're talking about migration? This is an upgrade...

complete migration fails, if I use a prior imscp.conf it is ignored and overwriten ...

Can you elaborate a bit more?

also the passwords for services are no longer accepted with special character f.ex. + - #
    the imscp_user should have a secure password, because of his mysql privileges ...

Did you ever read the errata file? See https://github.com/i-MSCP/imsc…ough-the-i-mscp-installer

I'll find a better solution in 1.4.0

badge.php?id=1239063037&bid=2518&key=1747635596&format=png&z=547451206

• Hi Nuxwin,
    it is a server migration and upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.3.1
    a prior imscp.conf is ignored and overwriten and a different database name other than imscp is not working ...
    so a custumer rebuild from an imported database was not possible.
    Migration only works w/ 1.3.0

Regards

• @fulltilt

You just copied the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf file? What about the /etc/imscp/imscp.old.conf file? Please, give me the exact steps you have done to do the migration with 1.3.1. Then, I'll try to reproduce and fix.

Thanks.

• thanks Nuxwin,

steps to reproduce
    - new installation (debian 8.5) of IMSCP 1.3.1
    - imported my complete database dump and editing of tables server_ips & config (also plugins table)
    - copied and edited original imscp.conf (from old server) into 1.3 imscp.conf also imscp-db-keys & debian.cnf (password)

should I remove any imscp.old.conf files?

• @fulltilt

No. Instead, you should try importing both, the imscp.conf and the imscp.old.conf file from the old to new server. But, there is maybe a bug in actual i-MSCP version. It seem that many people are affected with parameters that are reseted to their default value when they should not to be.

• yep, seems there is a problem w/ some old imscp.conf parameter too ...

Code
    1. Configuration file `/etc/init.d/mysql', does not exist on system.Installing new config file as you requested.Configuration file `/etc/logcheck/ignore.d.paranoid/mysql-server-5_5', does not exist on system.Installing new config file as you requested.Configuration file `/etc/logcheck/ignore.d.server/mysql-server-5_5', does not exist on system.Installing new config file as you requested.Configuration file `/etc/logcheck/ignore.d.workstation/mysql-server-5_5', does not exist on system.Installing new config file as you requested.Configuration file `/etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server', does not exist on system.Installing new config file as you requested.Configuration file `/etc/mysql/conf.d/mysqld_safe_syslog.cnf', does not exist on system.Installing new config file as you requested.Configuration file `/etc/mysql/debian-start', does not exist on system.Installing new config file as you requested.Job for mysql.service failed. See 'systemctl status mysql.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.dpkg: error processing package mysql-server-5.5 (--configure): subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ...Errors were encountered while processing: mysql-server-5.5E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Code
    1. autoinstaller::Functions::build: An error occurred while performing build steps
    2. root@host3:/usr/local/src/imscp-1.3.1# perl /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/imscp-reconfigure -d
    3. [WARN] iMSCP::Config::FETCH: Accessing non existing config value PHP_SERVER from the /etc/imscp/imscp.conf file (see file /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/../PerlLib/Servers/httpd/apache_fcgid/installer.pm at line 256)
    4. Servers::httpd::apache_fcgid::installer::_guessPhpVariables: Use of uninitialized value $imscpConfig{"PHP_SERVER"} in pattern match (m//) at /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/../PerlLib/Servers/httpd/apache_fcgid/installer.pm line 256, <$fh> line 186.
    5. [FATAL] Servers::httpd::apache_fcgid::installer::_guessPhpVariables: Could not guess value for the `PHP_VERSION' PHP configuration parameter. at /var/www/imscp/engine/setup/../PerlLib/Servers/httpd/apache_fcgid/installer.pm line 258, <$fh> line 186.
  • @fulltilt

Please, one thread per problem. Anyway, your MySQL problem here is due to the fact that your migrated in a wrong way. You've imported your debian.cnf file from your old server. That file hold the debian-sys-maint user, including its password. The problem is that the password of that user is different on the new server. That user is used to stop the mysql daemon (when mysql is restarted it is first stopped and then started). If the password is wrong, this fail (as shown in the output you posted above).

So please, here, we talk only about your parameters which get overriden. For your MySQL problem, I given you the reason but if you need more help for it, create another thread.