File Extraction

• Since it seems that the ajaxplorer team is never, ever going to add compressed file extraction to their product (they even said so in their forums), I was wondering if you guys could do it?
    I understand it might not be as easy as I think it is: but was thinking that it could be done by sending a simple "tar" or "unzip" command from ajaxplorer to the host server?

File extraction on the server is very important as it is the difference between uploading one file in 4 seconds then unzipping it in another 4 seconds, or unzipping it on your computer and uploading 2000 files in 20 minutes.

If you are concerned about server load, I'm pretty sure the second one is MORE taxing on the server and it's network than a simple unzip :/

Please consider adding this as soon as possible.

• This is shared hosting we are talking about: Most users are barely smart enough to know what FTP is >_>

And how would it be more dangerous than helpful?
    Is it any more dangerous than uploading a NON zipped file?

Any uploading of files can be dangerous: so should I just not allow it at all?

• Well, I can't seem to figure it out.
    And I asked another server-admin as well.

As far as I know: a zipped file is just a compresed version of files/folders. Once extracted they are the same files/folders no matter what.
    So I don't see how uploading a zipped version of a file is more dangerous than a non-zipped version.
    If the files inside are dangerous, it doesn't matter whether they are zipped or not!